• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Inkpirate

No Sound after conversion

Question

So I've tried about 30 different movies and tv shows. It's hit and miss. But some of the avi files that work 100% fine before conversion, have a beautiful picture, but no sound...no matter what. I've changed a whole bunch of settings and converted the same file at least a half dozen times. Is there something going on here? I've tried automatic, fast, and even different versions of custom. Is there something I'm missing?

4 answers to this question

Download and install the free Perian component for QuickTime and the problem will likely be solved. This will provide the ability to decode the AC-3 audio that's in some AVI files.

http://perian.org/

Download and install the free Perian component for QuickTime and the problem will likely be solved. This will provide the ability to decode the AC-3 audio that's in some AVI files.

http://perian.org/

I should have been more specific - I'm using an Apple TV - so getting a codec for quicktime won't help...will it?

So I downloaded and installed the component. Everything is the same as it was. I've never had a problem playing any other filetypes, just the odd MPEG-4. And its only some of them. The AVI from before conversion works just fine.

So I downloaded and installed the component. Everything is the same as it was. I've never had a problem playing any other filetypes, just the odd MPEG-4. And its only some of them. The AVI from before conversion works just fine.

The issue is that Crunch isn't able to decode the audio from certain AVIs into the AAC-LC format required for the AppleTV without the correct codec installed on your Mac. I thought the Perian codec would take care of that but I was mistaken. So give me one more chance to get it right. Go Here to download the A52Codec and follow the instructions for its installation.