• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sam Wilde

no drive detected

Question

Hope you can help! When I launch Roxio Creator Basic v9, no drive detected is what is displayed. I have a HP Pavilion a1720n with Vista. I have removed filters in regedit. uninstalled & reinstalled cd/ dvd driver. downloaded updates from roxio. rebooted & still nothing works.

Thanx for any help you can send my way.

Sam

11 answers to this question

Hope you can help! When I launch Roxio Creator Basic v9, no drive detected is what is displayed. I have a HP Pavilion a1720n with Vista. I have removed filters in regedit. uninstalled & reinstalled cd/ dvd driver. downloaded updates from roxio. rebooted & still nothing works.

Sam

Is the drive accessible normally ?

Sam

Hi Sam Similar probelm, EMC9 became unstable - tried to re-load, told to uninstal, uninstalled - and the n guess what no DVD or CD drives!!!

HAve you found and answer???

Yours

brian

Hi Sam Similar probelm, EMC9 became unstable - tried to re-load, told to uninstal, uninstalled - and the n guess what no DVD or CD drives!!!

HAve you found and answer???

Yours

brian

Did you try the possible fix in post #2.

The OP never came back to say whether or not the pxengine link fixed his p[roblem - check the underlined link in TBrewst's post

You might try this

Just wanted to join and say thank you. I had this exact same issue whereby Nero did the dirty on me and stuffed up my drives. Removing upper and lower filters etc helped within windows but not roxio. This fixed it all up and I'm now happily burning stuff again. Cheers

Libosis

Edited by libosis

Just wanted to join and say thank you. I had this exact same issue whereby Nero did the dirty on me and stuffed up my drives. :o Removing upper and lower filters etc helped within windows but not roxio. This fixed it all up and I'm now happily burning stuff again. Cheers

Libosis

It is known to be the filter fix for Roxio....

cd

You might try this

usually emc9 works -once i uninstalled drag to disc

opened it up today

no drive detected mesage

this worked for me

thanks KP

You're welcome.

Like cd says it fixes(most times) the filter issue for Roxio among a couple other things.