Marc Stevens

MAC is renaming my discs (CD)

Question

I'm moving some content from vinyl to CD - using Spin Dr. and Toast. Even though I name the CD in Toast, and even give the single large track a name, when I later try to mount the Toast disc, a completely different name appears on my desktop, or in iTunes - and when I move to a different computer, I get yet another name applied to the SAME "toast made" CD. Any ideas as to how to fix this? I'm using V.7.2.1.

3 answers to this question

Click Here to see a thread that discusses this issue.

The track info you see on your computer is not coming from the audio CD. It is coming from the online CDDB for an audio CD that happens to match the number of tracks and track lengths contained on your burned disc. You have to edit this info in ITunes to change it on your Mac. There is a CD Text to CD Info applescript at www.dougscripts.com that can automate this entry for you.

Click Here to see a thread that discusses this issue.

The track info you see on your computer is not coming from the audio CD. It is coming from the online CDDB for an audio CD that happens to match the number of tracks and track lengths contained on your burned disc. You have to edit this info in ITunes to change it on your Mac. There is a CD Text to CD Info applescript at www.dougscripts.com that can automate this entry for you.

The closest I thing I could find, searching by "CD Text to CD Info" was the script "Copy Track Infor to CD Tracks, which is exactly the opposite of what I need to do, which is move Track info I put into Toast into iTunes. Somewhere I thought I'd seen some mention of the script you referred to, but thus far is has eluded me.

The closest I thing I could find, searching by "CD Text to CD Info" was the script "Copy Track Infor to CD Tracks, which is exactly the opposite of what I need to do, which is move Track info I put into Toast into iTunes. Somewhere I thought I'd seen some mention of the script you referred to, but thus far is has eluded me.

I found it Here