• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning a dmsd file

dustybecca

Question

Ok this is going to sound really weird! Everytime I try to use any of the DVD burning programs on EMC9 I get a message come up that reads "Your video card fails to meet minimum specifications; please upgrade" So I made a slide show using Windows Movie Maker on my computer. Copied the files and took them to my parents computer. I then made a menu with MyDVD, added it all together to find out that my parents dont have a DVD burner. SO.. I emailed the file to myself thinking I could come home, pull it up and burn it. I havent found a way so far. Can anyone help me. I cant open any of the EMC9 DVD programs. The file was saved as a DMSD file and I cant find any programs that will accept that format. Anyone have any ideas? Or know of any program I could use to sync music with photos, add an interactive menu and be able to burn to DVD?

3 answers to this question

Ok this is going to sound really weird! Everytime I try to use any of the DVD burning programs on EMC9 I get a message come up that reads "Your video card fails to meet minimum specifications; please upgrade" So I made a slide show using Windows Movie Maker on my computer. Copied the files and took them to my parents computer. I then made a menu with MyDVD, added it all together to find out that my parents dont have a DVD burner. SO.. I emailed the file to myself thinking I could come home, pull it up and burn it. I havent found a way so far. Can anyone help me. I cant open any of the EMC9 DVD programs. The file was saved as a DMSD file and I cant find any programs that will accept that format. Anyone have any ideas? Or know of any program I could use to sync music with photos, add an interactive menu and be able to burn to DVD?

Actually that's not as "weird" as you may think. It usually means that your video adapter does not support, or at least fully support, the functions of Directx9. This is typical if what you have is a video chip built in to your motherboard. Updating the drivers for your videocard/chip may help. If you list your system specs, someone may be able to offer some suggestions.

As to the MyDVD .dmsd project file, it is not a file that contains any video/photo/audio data. It is simply a file that contains all the "notes" about your project and what you want the output to be. This includes all the information about your source files, like where they are, etc. this is why it won't work on your pc. You don;t have the source files for the project, they are on your parents pc. What might work for you to do, is on your parents pc, burn your project to an image file since they don't have a dvd burner. then transfer that to your pc to burn on a disc using Disc Copier.

Actually that's not as "weird" as you may think. It usually means that your video adapter does not support, or at least fully support, the functions of Directx9. This is typical if what you have is a video chip built in to your motherboard. Updating the drivers for your videocard/chip may help. If you list your system specs, someone may be able to offer some suggestions.

As to the MyDVD .dmsd project file, it is not a file that contains any video/photo/audio data. It is simply a file that contains all the "notes" about your project and what you want the output to be. This includes all the information about your source files, like where they are, etc. this is why it won't work on your pc. You don;t have the source files for the project, they are on your parents pc. What might work for you to do, is on your parents pc, burn your project to an image file since they don't have a dvd burner. then transfer that to your pc to burn on a disc using Disc Copier.

Ok, next question. LOL Where do I find the info for my computer? And how do I go about updating the drivers for my videocard. I actually had thought about that but Im just not sure how to do it.

Ok, next question. LOL Where do I find the info for my computer? And how do I go about updating the drivers for my videocard. I actually had thought about that but Im just not sure how to do it.

Use the free download from Belarc Advisor to get your computer information; just follow the directions and post the type of information that you see in others signature. That's where you want to put it. Just click on MyControls and on the left, you'll see "edit signature"

For updating the drivers for your video device. go to Windows>Start>Run> type in dxdiag > then press Ok. Once that opens, go to the display tab and post what you have for your device (left side) and the numbers for the drivers (right side). it should look something like this:

Archived