• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

only data gets burned not movie

petals

Question

For some reason afte I watch it go thru the process of encoding it and it does show the nmovie and its time to burn it

when my dvd is completed and I click on what should be the movie it only shows the daa file which cannot be opened or played

and this is a finished wmv movie , I copleted with movie maker

what am I doing wrong? all the other areas work great I even uploaded a clip from a home dvd

which is now an mpeg file and I am having trouble converting that into a wmv

but my main problem is why is he movie not being burned please help if anyone knows or has had the same issue thank you

petals,

is this the product you bought at Best Buy?

Open Creator, at top, help, about Creator. This should list a version #, please post it.

Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning

cd

yes that is the exact one I am using, I add the moie that is a wmv to the program this Roxio has called my dvd express, I actually see it getting ecoded then when it is finished I burn it

and always get the same results

the other question you asked about my mpeg conversion was not of my choice it was with the same software I was able to load clips of an old family dvd that was made maye 3 years ago,

when it gave me the option of conversion that was the only other option, not knowing I could not bring it into windows movie maker I can bring it and hear it but do not se it

I was trying to finsh that into awmv and send it to famly out of state but I am stuck on that part too if you have any solutions to eaither please advise Thank you

petals,

is there some sort of sticker on the box from Best Buy (Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning) that states, Vista compatible?

cd

yes it says vista compatable but I have windows xp and also says it for that too

also I put check mark on burn to disc just the one time , when it 100 % completed disc ejects and thats all I have is data

yes that is the exact one I am using, I add the moie that is a wmv to the program this Roxio has called my dvd express, I actually see it getting ecoded then when it is finished I burn it

and always get the same results

the other question you asked about my mpeg conversion was not of my choice it was with the same software I was able to load clips of an old family dvd that was made maye 3 years ago,

when it gave me the option of conversion that was the only other option, not knowing I could not bring it into windows movie maker I can bring it and hear it but do not se it

I was trying to finsh that into awmv and send it to famly out of state but I am stuck on that part too if you have any solutions to eaither please advise Thank you

Your highlighted statement is confusing. When it finishes the encoding process, is it not doing the burning itself? What option did you choose to burn to, Disc or Image file? What do you mean by "when it is finished I burn it" ? What are you burning and how are you burning it? What "data" are you seeing on the disc? Folder and filenames?

<snip>

but thats right for I wrote it down in the video_ts folder it had only one file and that was projectdata.dmsd

<snip>

In other words, you made a Data DVD with the instructions for how to put together the Video DVD that was what you were planning to make, rather than making the Video DVD.

And the Data DVD with the instructions for how to make the Video DVD won't play on a Video DVD player.

BTW - you do NOT have the Trial Version, which is a download of most of EMC 9. You have a cut-down, simplified Version designed to sell for less than the $100 of the full Version. With either what you have OR the Full Version, you still need to learn how to use it.

Lynn

Just a wild shot -

ECD/DVD BURNING was originally a re-issue of Version 6. Then, they switched to V.9.05, and put the little sticker on the box.

So far as I know, they did not re-print the box. That would mean System Requirements wouldn't have changed.

Would you be willing to type the System Requirements listed on the box, so those familiar with Version 9 can compare that with what the regular Vesion 9 takes? :huh:

Lynn

Just to be sure, open one of the programs within the suite, click on Help and then "About" - what Version do you have?

When that is certain, since this is NOT a downloaded Trial Version, it can be moved to Version 9 or Version 6.

Also, just to cover the bases - what Operarating System do you have on your computer?

Lynn

Sorry I did not get time since yesterday to get on pc Lynn,

I have version 9.0.554

no I purchased this at Best buy not a trial version at all

I have windows xp SP2 2.39 ghz 1gbyte of ram

I have down several dvd"s that my children watch on their on dvd that was also with a program still on my computer that came with my 6 year old Dell

it is called My DVD by sonic also not Roxio though but I thought Roxio would be faster and better plu I had to update my easy cd creator

which that part works fine no problem its my dvd express part of the software I seem to have a problem with that is all part of the Roxio Easy CD & DVd burning bundled in this software

I am stumped at this point thank you I gues no one else is having this problem yet

From the information provided, petals has the v 9 trimmed down "red box" software.

Now, in regards to the info you finally provided, you burned a disc once that completed that you say only has data on it. Well, yes it will have data on it, but it shold be in thr form of folders and files that meet a DVD video disc format. What we need to know now is exactly what folders and files it burned to the disc.

yes it says vista compatable but I have windows xp and also says it for that too

also I put check mark on burn to disc just the one time , when it 100 % completed disc ejects and thats all I have is data

Your highlighted statement is confusing. When it finishes the encoding process, is it not doing the burning itself? What option did you choose to burn to, Disc or Image file? What do you mean by "when it is finished I burn it" ? What are you burning and how are you burning it? What "data" are you seeing on the disc? Folder and filenames?

sorry I am not so good at explaining , it shows me that it is encoding takes maybe 10 minutes or so and I am viewing the movie clip while that is happening

then it shows 100% completed at that point I think the movie is ready to burn and I burn it to disc, on my dvd burner is that not what I should do

as for the files honestly I took longer to erase the dvd again after I saw the data only never paid attention to any type of file name

when I clicked on it, it kept telling me windows cannot open that

I do not put the check mark, on image or folder area, because I thought that would be not what I needed to do

I can make dvd on my old sonic software that came with my dell it works correct but it takes much longer, so it is not the computer

tankns for responding

sorry I am not so good at explaining , it shows me that it is encoding takes maybe 10 minutes or so and I am viewing the movie clip while that is happening

1. then it shows 100% completed at that point I think the movie is ready to burn and I burn it to disc, on my dvd burner is that not what I should do

as for the files honestly I took longer to erase the dvd again after I saw the data only never paid attention to any type of file name

when I clicked on it, it kept telling me windows cannot open that

2. I do not put the check mark, on image or folder area, because I thought that would be not what I needed to do

I can make dvd on my old sonic software that came with my dell it works correct but it takes much longer, so it is not the computer

tankns for responding

1. If you left it marked to burn to disc on the burn option screen (see 2. next), then when it got to 100% then it would already have burned to the disc. Are you saying you burned something to the disc after it showed as completed? If yes, what did you burn to the disc and how did you burn it.

2. Then you only left the checkmark to burn to disc?

Just a wild shot -

ECD/DVD BURNING was originally a re-issue of Version 6. Then, they switched to V.9.05, and put the little sticker on the box.

So far as I know, they did not re-print the box. That would mean System Requirements wouldn't have changed.

Would you be willing to type the System Requirements listed on the box, so those familiar with Version 9 can compare that with what the regular Vesion 9 takes? :huh:

Lynn

500MHz intel pentium 3 or equivalent 128 MB Ram for burning music

for dvd and slideshow o video

1.8 GHz intel pentium 4 4 or equivalent 256 Mb Ram

7200 rpm hard disk drive

1 GB of free hard disk space

direct x 9 or higher

windows mediaplayer 10 or higher for windows xp or vista

microsoft internet explore 6 or higher

cd rom to install software

1024 x768, 16bit color graphics card

24bit or 32bit true color recommended

windows xp, or vista service pack 2

I have pentium 4 Dell 4400 Dimenension

1 gb of memory

ati Radeon 9800 pro graphic card

I have the cd/dvd rom and a dvd rom besides

I think I pretty much met all the requirements I was able with this same hardware to upload from an old dvd movie a clip with this same software

by the way if anyone can tell me how I can convert that clipfrom mpeg to avi or wmv would appreciate with this Roxio software I only had the option of uploading it as an mpeg

I wrote you all the main stuff required Lynn please let me know what you think or not

Are you saying that the VIDEO_TS folder has only one file in it, and it's the projectdata.dmsd one?

And if you haven't already done so, DO NOT erase that disc yet.

Sorry Larry

I needed to erase it after I wrote yo what it had

I had to reinstall my old dvd sofware to complete a dvd and send it to Austrailia by this morning I needed the extra dvd did not have time to run to store

this was for a critical family member I promised a dvd movie of our family also her famiy she had not seen in years

and time is short for her, it was alreay sent in this morning priority mail, she does not have or know computers bu she has a dvd player

for this my old software work great it is my dvd by sonic it came with my dell about 5 years agot

but thats right for I wrote it down in the video_ts folder it had only one file and that was projectdata.dmsd

I will probably just hang on to this in case they ome up with a patch otherwise eentuallybuy the full version even though I did not need all that and hope that wrks better

I have pentium 4 Dell 4400 Dimenension

1 gb of memory

ati Radeon 9800 pro graphic card

I have the cd/dvd rom and a dvd rom besides

I think I pretty much met all the requirements I was able with this same hardware to upload from an old dvd movie a clip with this same software

by the way if anyone can tell me how I can convert that clipfrom mpeg to avi or wmv would appreciate with this Roxio software I only had the option of uploading it as an mpeg

I wrote you all the main stuff required Lynn please let me know what you think or not

petals,

Your system looks fine for running the software. Now lets try to get back to your original question, then we can deal with your question about the file you captured from a dvd.

So far you've told us you edited some video in Windows Movie Maker and output it as a wmv file.

You then added that wmv file to a project in MyDVD Express and burned it to a disc.

This is when you stated the disc has "data" on it, not video.

So now we still need some answers to specific questions if we're going to try to help.

1. What folders and files were burned to the disc?

2. What type of disc was it, a DVD disc or a CD disc?

3. Do you know what type of project you used in MyDVD Express, VCD, SVCD, or DVD?

From the information provided, petals has the v 9 trimmed down "red box" software.

Now, in regards to the info you finally provided, you burned a disc once that completed that you say only has data on it. Well, yes it will have data on it, but it shold be in thr form of folders and files that meet a DVD video disc format. What we need to know now is exactly what folders and files it burned to the disc.

:unsure: Larry I just burned a finished wmv movie purposely to get the files that it is put on my dvd and here it is

it gives me to folders not a finished movie one says Roxiplasma

2nd folder says Video_ts

when I opened the folder which it gives me a warning messing that these are fukes used by the operating system to edit them or modify them will cause problems

anyway 1st folder has inside Meta Data.dat

then plasmadata.dat

last folder has pnly this projectdata.dmsd

now I will earase the dvd again, all I know is though I have registered this software when I went to check updates to see if there was a patch or something it does not recognize the software though it is registered

and I cannot return to best buy for it is opened so I have a useless 32.oo software

:unsure: Larry I just burned a finished wmv movie purposely to get the files that it is put on my dvd and here it is

it gives me to folders not a finished movie one says Roxiplasma

2nd folder says Video_ts

when I opened the folder which it gives me a warning messing that these are fukes used by the operating system to edit them or modify them will cause problems

anyway 1st folder has inside Meta Data.dat

then plasmadata.dat

last folder has pnly this projectdata.dmsd

now I will earase the dvd again, all I know is though I have registered this software when I went to check updates to see if there was a patch or something it does not recognize the software though it is registered

and I cannot return to best buy for it is opened so I have a useless 32.oo software

Are you saying that the VIDEO_TS folder has only one file in it, and it's the projectdata.dmsd one?

And if you haven't already done so, DO NOT erase that disc yet.

For some reason afte I watch it go thru the process of encoding it and it does show the nmovie and its time to burn it

when my dvd is completed and I click on what should be the movie it only shows the daa file which cannot be opened or played

what am I doing wrong? all the other areas work great I even uploaded a clip from a home dvd

but my main problem is why is he movie not being burned please help if anyone knows or has had the same issue thank you

What Roxio product do you have?

What program of the suite are you using to burn the movie to the DVD? If you simply copied your "finished wmv movie" to the DVD it cannot be played on a DVD player since all you have is a data DVD not a video DVD. You have to use myDVD to burn the movie to the DVD. You have given very little information about what you are doing or trying to do. Why are you converting the mpeg file to wmv?

petals,

Your system looks fine for running the software. Now lets try to get back to your original question, then we can deal with your question about the file you captured from a dvd.

So far you've told us you edited some video in Windows Movie Maker and output it as a wmv file.

You then added that wmv file to a project in MyDVD Express and burned it to a disc.

This is when you stated the disc has "data" on it, not video.

So now we still need some answers to specific questions if we're going to try to help.

1. What folders and files were burned to the disc?

2. What type of disc was it, a DVD disc or a CD disc?

3. Do you know what type of project you used in MyDVD Express, VCD, SVCD, or DVD?

No Larry the clip I uploaded I have not done anything with it

for I know I must convert it to see it and edit it in my movie maker which is where my relatives will need this file as a wmv

forget that clip,

it had nothing to do with it, I had from my fuji camera made a movie with movie maker of another finished movie of my grandchild

it was a finished and ready wmv to go be made into a dvd to use in home players

in my dvd express, I used dvd option and I put it in my dvd drive where I have in the past completed properly other home dvd's

the disc was a fujifilm

DVD+RW disc

What Roxio product do you have?

I am using my dvd express in the easy cd and dvd burning I think it is version 9 it was only 29, at best buy its for music dvd and easy cd creator it also has photosuite in it

I am older and not that great but I have made many dvd on the computer using myd by sonic with no problem

I just updated to Roxio for several things more , I never even try and play the daa on a regular dvd because I see only daa files burned while still on the computer I am stumped kept burning and earing because I am getting nowhere thank you

Archived