• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

SAMSUNG SpinPoint 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

cdanteek

newegg.com

SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive,

3 year limited warranty, model HD501LJ - OEM

Our Regular Price: $119.99

Instant Rebate: -$5.00

Promo Code Discount

(EMC529DHD50): -$5.00

Your Price: $109.99

Free 3 Business Day Shipping

Here

cd

newegg.com

SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive,

3 year limited warranty, model HD501LJ - OEM

Our Regular Price: $119.99

Instant Rebate: -$5.00

Promo Code Discount

(EMC529DHD50): -$5.00

Your Price: $109.99

Here

cd

You are making me think there CD. I just ordered this external drive case as the WD's work fine, but they do not have fan and do run hot without one. As the external case would have 2 empty slots, those might be nice to fill them, giving me more room for backups and other stuff.

The drives in the WD cases are SATA II drives (basically the WD4000YS and WD5000YS) and was thinking of getting more WD5000YS drives to put in. Advantage to the WD's are they might be a little faster and have a longer warranty, the price would go to the Samsung's.

H'mmmm.

newegg.com

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts 5 years limited

Labor 5 years limited

$79.99

Promo Code Price (EMC531F320G): $74.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148140

cd

Well I went ahead and got the 2 Samsungs to put in the new enclosure. Formating right now. It can be configured for raid, but I just need lots of space so am using them and the drives I already had as JBOD.

This enclosure is nice, although the directions for the PCI-e SATA controller card installation need to be redone. I ended up just letting Windows go online and find the drives. Worked just fine for a change.

Well I went ahead and got the 2 Samsungs to put in the new enclosure. Formating right now. It can be configured for raid, but I just need lots of space so am using them and the drives I already had as JBOD.

This enclosure is nice, although the directions for the PCI-e SATA controller card installation need to be redone. I ended up just letting Windows go online and find the drives. Worked just fine for a change.

Marlin,

when it comes to a hardware enthusiast , you the man. bowdown.gif

cd ;)

Marlin,

when it comes to a hardware enthusiast , you the man. bowdown.gif

cd ;)

I know others that have a lot more than I do, probably you included with your different systems. But with relatively cheap HDD space, $.23 a GB, you can never have too much. Especially for backups and video.

That plus I like tinkering.

Archived