• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The current production is empty or contains invalid files

kozmo

Question

I keep getting this error after I load a video (.mov, .avi, etc). It doesn't come up on the initial import, but after I've tried to edit the video. I've tried a few different things, such as importing a still photo, and I still get it.

Does anyone know what it is looking for? Once this comes up I can no longer edit the clip.

3 answers to this question

I keep getting this error after I load a video (.mov, .avi, etc). It doesn't come up on the initial import, but after I've tried to edit the video. I've tried a few different things, such as importing a still photo, and I still get it.

Does anyone know what it is looking for? Once this comes up I can no longer edit the clip.

Computer specs please and a little information on where you got the files from. :rolleyes: Please put your computer specs in your signature and it will always be there to help with answering questions. Just go to My Controls at the top of the page and add that information to your signature.

Without it, I could just say it is a hardware problem. :P Make sure you list your video card and the driver version.

Also try a repair install in Windows>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. If this is a relatively new install, did you let the computer register the mpg codec? Is this a new problem or have you been able to work on video before? remember to turn off your antivirus when you install/repair the program and it is best to disconnect from the INTERNET and turn off all programs including your anti virus.

Thanks for the info. I'll add my specs to future posts. I think I got this issue figured out. After diving into the details a bit furhter I found a reference to DirectX. I took a chance, installed DirectX 10 and the problem went away - for now.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I'll add my specs to future posts. I think I got this issue figured out. After diving into the details a bit furhter I found a reference to DirectX. I took a chance, installed DirectX 10 and the problem went away - for now.

Thanks again.

Do it now!

You did not say you had a computer with Vista on it and you did not post in the Vista section of this forum.

Thanks for replying and posting your solution.

Archived