• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cant open dmsd or dmsn files created in Videowave

zion

Question

Hi.

I emailed copies of the my slideshow to myself because I wanted to be able to work on them while I am away on vacation. To my surprise, I could not open the files even if the computer I was working on had Roxio in the same version that I had at home!

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and if there's a way I can help this from happening again without having to carry with me DVDs or flashdrives? I will be travelling again and would rather save my files on my email folder.

Thank you!

Regards,

zion :)

3 answers to this question

Thank you!

Is this the create folder option inside Videowave? If these are shortcuts, then when I save my original dmsd file, I should save it inside this folder -- right? Then it will be this same folder that I email out? I am sounding so dummy right now ... sorry.

Take care,

Suggestion:--make a folder on your home computer using Windows Explorer and then place all of the files that will be in your Videowave production in that folder. Make sure you include ALL of the photos, music or audio files, Video files and anything else that you use for that production. Save the production as a DMSM file and save it also to that same folder.

Now transfer that folder to your "away" or other computer that has the same EMC program on it. Later to continue working on the production, editing it, or wanting to make a DVD of it, just bring the saved DMSM file up in Videowave again to edit. If wanting to make a DVD of it, open up MyDVD and import the dmsm file and go from there.

Frank...

Hi.

I emailed copies of the my slideshow to myself because I wanted to be able to work on them while I am away on vacation. To my surprise, I could not open the files even if the computer I was working on had Roxio in the same version that I had at home!

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and if there's a way I can help this from happening again without having to carry with me DVDs or flashdrives? I will be travelling again and would rather save my files on my email folder.

Thank you!

Regards,

zion :)

Those files are just shortcuts or road maps to the images/videos that you had on the computer that you mailed it from. When you open those files on the other computer, the program cannot find them on the computer you are working on in the same folders/path. That's why the file size is small.

In the future, create a folder with all the images and save the files to that same folder. Use any method to then carry/copy the files to your other computer. You can always e-mail all the images to yourself but if you are using reasonable resolutions, they will be very large files.

Archived