16:9 or 4:3

mrblister

Question

I have just burnt a DVD from and iso image and have a selection of photos and video footage. I selected 16:9 from the project properties as the video was shot in 16:9 on a Sony camcorder. When i previewed the project before making the iso image, the menu is 16:9 and selecting either the slideshow or the video footage seemed fine. When viewing the burnt DVD on a widescreen tv however, although the menu is the correct ratio when i select the slideshow photos the ratio is all wrong and the stretched wide, changing the TV mode to 4:3 shows the photos in the correct format but then the video and menu is wrong.....what`s going on???

1 answer to this question

I have just burnt a DVD from and iso image and have a selection of photos and video footage. I selected 16:9 from the project properties as the video was shot in 16:9 on a Sony camcorder. When i previewed the project before making the iso image, the menu is 16:9 and selecting either the slideshow or the video footage seemed fine. When viewing the burnt DVD on a widescreen tv however, although the menu is the correct ratio when i select the slideshow photos the ratio is all wrong and the stretched wide, changing the TV mode to 4:3 shows the photos in the correct format but then the video and menu is wrong.....what`s going on???

Cehck out this thread for possible explanation.

Archived