• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot edit scenes on Videowave 9

entdoc1

Question

I have a new HP m8067c Vista Ultimate computer with a NVIDIA Ge Force 7600 video card. I did some research and noted that my EMC 8 would not be supported and thus purchased and installed EMC 9. I also installed a DLA patch from Roxio.

Now I have been working with EMC 7.5 and 8 or years on XP. I recently captured a video without incident using Media Import via a firewire. I then went to videowave 9 and click create new production (format16:9) to edit the video. Like I have done hundreds of time before on EMC 7.5 and EMC 8, I open the show media selector and find my captured video with a small open folder arrow. I open this and all the scenes from my captured video are there. I select the scenes I want and drag them Production Editor-Storyline window below. This usually takes a while for a large video production.

Here is my problem. Once the scenes are in the storyline, the production length reads less than 1 second (for example a 7.5 minute video reads “oo:oo:00.13). When I click the green arrow for play, it takes less than several seconds and only the first image of the scene is displayed in rapid succession. THIS never happened to me before on EMC 7.5 or EMC 8. Now when I test the video on windows media player, it plays fine in normal speed.

I did some more tinkering and noticed that all the scenes are "trimmed" to 1 image. I can adjust the trim but then one scene runs into the next. I never had this problem before on EMC 7.5/8.

Please kindly help! Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Seems like others have posted this problem, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. Which app are you using? How are you capturing and how are you detecting scenes?

Also try using WinDV to capture. It's a free shareware that does only firewire capturing. It captures each 'scene' into a separate file, too. If that works, then we can eliminate any problems with the camcorder and cable.

Seems like others have posted this problem, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. Which app are you using? How are you capturing and how are you detecting scenes?

Also try using WinDV to capture. It's a free shareware that does only firewire capturing. It captures each 'scene' into a separate file, too. If that works, then we can eliminate any problems with the camcorder and cable.

By app, I think you mean the program I am using to capture. Well, I am using videowave 9 from EMC 9. I notice that as each scene is captured, the first frame is displayed until all the scenes are captured. Then, the entire video is condensed into one folder with a small arrow that I can then open up to reveal each scene. I would then pick and choose the scenes and drag them into the time line. It is here that the problem arises like I mentioned in my first post.

I was looking at WinDV at this site:http://windv.mourek.cz/. Is that the correct site? They do not mention anything about Vista support. I am concerned about the safety of downloading and installing into my Vista machine. I do think however, that I can eliminate problems with the camcorder and cable because I can play the entire video without problems using Windows Media player. I just would like to edit it with videowave and then burn a DVD with myDVD.

Hey, what do you think about doing a clean install for EMC9. I have seen that as a solution for some other problems. Thanks again for your thoughts.

What type of camcorder? Are you capturing to MPEG or DV AVI?

Sorry, I did not respond earlier. I am new and was looking in my inbox. The camcorder is a Sony PC 1000 and I am capturing in DV AVI format. Again, I never had a problem before with EMC 8 on an older XP computer. Please help. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

Hi, I had exactly the same problem on my new laptop, having previously used Roxio 9 fine. I contacted Roxio live chat support and they recommended the following:

Go to START, then RUN, enter DXDIAG in box. Then click display tab. This will display your video card manufacturer and model. Go to the manufacturers website and download newest driver available. This was done automatically when I logged onto manufacturers site.

I can report this worked for me!!!! Hurray

Good luck

Archived