• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Peabody Here

LightScribe media not recognized.

Question

When attempting to use LightScribe features with EMC8 Label Creator, an HP DVD Writer 740b, and LightScribe branded HP media, I get a LightScribe Error. Aabout 1 minute after sending the print job to the CD/DVD burner, a dialog pops up "The disc in the LightScribe drive is not recognized. Please ensure that the disc is a LightScribe disc and inserted label side down then click "OK" to continue"

I have the latest LightScribe driver (1.6.43.1) installed and the self-test appears fine. HP's support answer is to use Nero instead, but I have hundreds of Roxio-created labels and don't want to lose that effort.

Any suggestions? TIA for your assistance!

--Brian

3 answers to this question

Can you print to the disc from the Lightscribe software itself? To me it sounds as if the drive is not recognising the disc you have as a 'proper' one. Why that is so is a good question for which I just don't have an answer.

Faulty media is common enough on the recording side of it - it's not totally impossible I suppose for it to be faultu on the printable side but I've no way to confirm or deny that

When attempting to use LightScribe features with EMC8 Label Creator, an HP DVD Writer 740b, and LightScribe branded HP media, I get a LightScribe Error. Aabout 1 minute after sending the print job to the CD/DVD burner, a dialog pops up "The disc in the LightScribe drive is not recognized. Please ensure that the disc is a LightScribe disc and inserted label side down then click "OK" to continue"

I have the latest LightScribe driver (1.6.43.1) installed and the self-test appears fine. HP's support answer is to use Nero instead, but I have hundreds of Roxio-created labels and don't want to lose that effort.

Any suggestions? TIA for your assistance!

--Brian

I googled for that burner and saw that there were a lot of posts regarding problems with that burner. Perhaps one of those posts can be of help.

Does the DVD Writer show in Device Manager with a different ID?

HP uses different hardware manufactures, and suffix used in Device Manager is only there to assist in determining the correct firmware is used for the recorder.

Open DVDinfo Pro in EMC 8 - Tools, post the firmware version of the HP drive. Also check the LightScribe disc and post the MID, media ID.

cd