• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

flac --> AAC does not sync with iPod

nategold

Question

After upgrading to iTunes 7.2 and QuickTime 7.1.6 if I convert .flac files to AAC VBR best quality 192+ and bring those .m4a AAC files into iTunes they play just fine there. When I sync my iPod I get error messages for all the tracks saying "XXX<the song> was not copied because the video format is not supported by the iPod YYY<my iPod name>". This worked many times before with earlier versions. So who will fix it - Roxio or Apple?

1 answer to this question

After upgrading to iTunes 7.2 and QuickTime 7.1.6 if I convert .flac files to AAC VBR best quality 192+ and bring those .m4a AAC files into iTunes they play just fine there. When I sync my iPod I get error messages for all the tracks saying "XXX<the song> was not copied because the video format is not supported by the iPod YYY<my iPod name>". This worked many times before with earlier versions. So who will fix it - Roxio or Apple?

By the way, if you convert the same .flac files with Sound Converter and bring those .m4a files into iTunes, the iPod sync works just fine.

Archived