No Recorder or Recorder in use

Oley

Question

Help !

My easy Creator 9 Drag to Disc shows NO RECORDER all of a sudden And if I try to copy my data from My document to the drive, I get a Message RECORDER BUSY. So esentially I am out of business. I can no longer back up my date to a CD. I have looked everywhere that I can think of to find out how to remady this situation. And Roxio seems to make impssible to get any help. I will appreciate any help.

Oley

4 answers to this question

I am not clear how you are "our of business" because you are unable to back up using Drag2Disc.

Drag2Disc, and ALL Packet-Writing programs, including Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc, are excellent for permantly LOSING data. You can greatly speed up the process of LOSING data by using RW media.

If the idea is to KEEP the data, use Classic Creator and create a data disc using R media. Another good alternative is a Flash drive (aka Pen / Thumb / Jump / Keychain drive), or an External Hard Drive.

If you don't believe me, put Drag2Disc or D2D in search (upper right hand of screen) and read some of the frantic requests to find missing info.

Lynn

Dear Lynn,

Iam sorry to have confused you. First off you must know that you are dealing with a 77 year old old fart, That has been diddling with computers since the early 80s. BUT I still am learning, it just takes me a little longer. I have always backed up my data on 3.5 floppy's. But there are so many machines that no longer have them I am trying to switch to CDs. Most of what I am backing up is on Excell spread sheets or Word documents.

I quickly learned that CDs are not as user freindly as Floppies. So I saved my work to "My Doc" then either SEND or copy the to my recordable drive. The only problem I has was that once recorded on the CD the disk some how became READ ONLY. I could not write over old work or even Erase files on a CD RW. I was told that "Easy Media Creator suite 9" would solve my delima. And it seemed to. But now all of a sudden something changed. The drag to disc tells me that there is NO RECORDER. And if I try to manually copy the file to the CD, I get a notice that the RECORDER IS BUSY. I have checked the recorder and it seems to be working.

So I am kind of dead in the water right now. Trying to get any help from ROXIO is impossible. I get the opinion that you are disatisfied with them.

I hope that this helps you understand my situation. IF you can help It will be appreciated.

I did try BEERMANs suggestion, But to no avail.

Oley

I am not clear how you are "our of business" because you are unable to back up using Drag2Disc.

Drag2Disc, and ALL Packet-Writing programs, including Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc, are excellent for permantly LOSING data. You can greatly speed up the process of LOSING data by using RW media.

If the idea is to KEEP the data, use Classic Creator and create a data disc using R media. Another good alternative is a Flash drive (aka Pen / Thumb / Jump / Keychain drive), or an External Hard Drive.

If you don't believe me, put Drag2Disc or D2D in search (upper right hand of screen) and read some of the frantic requests to find missing in

Hell I am not even sure how to work this message center

Basaically all Lynn was saying there that the reliablity of drag to disc for backup is slightly lower than that of a snowflake in Death Valley. All packet writing systems are about the same no matter who makes it and for reliable backup you should never use it.

CDs do become 'read only' once they get written. In the case of a CD-RW, the files can be deleted but the space isn't freed up until the disc is fully erased. Unfortunately it doesn't work the same way as a floppy where it becomes available right away.

What you could try for important stuff is to leave the disc open and append new files to it as you need them. The old files will remain but that's a small price to pay for reliability. Check the manual for details on how to append data it should be in there

Help !

My easy Creator 9 Drag to Disc shows NO RECORDER all of a sudden And if I try to copy my data from My document to the drive, I get a Message RECORDER BUSY. So esentially I am out of business. I can no longer back up my date to a CD. I have looked everywhere that I can think of to find out how to remady this situation. And Roxio seems to make impssible to get any help. I will appreciate any help.

Oley

Give this fix a try and see if it helps out.

Archived