• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

roxio dell problems

teddyslayer

Question

I was going to burn a disk with roxio when it decided to be cool and say it needed to reconfigure every file. I went to get the disk and tryed to get each thing the data, audio, copy, etc. to install the program said no and that even though i went into the disk and selected each thing it said they were wrong. So i went to uninstall it but couldnt find an uninstall option in its files or in the add remove program. Next step i took was just trying to reinstall it. Each time i tried it popped up with a message that said there was an "unkownversion" "unkowntype" and that overwriting may downgrade my roxio software. i hit yes and the window would pop right back up saying the same thing. When i hit no it wouldnt do anything. So i did something stupid and did a full system search for roxio and just deleted anything that said roxio. Now its still listed in the add/remove program screen but still doesnt have an uninstall option and trying to install via disk gives the same message. Am i screwed or is there a way to fix it?

2 answers to this question

I was going to burn a disk with roxio when it decided to be cool and say it needed to reconfigure every file. I went to get the disk and tryed to get each thing the data, audio, copy, etc. to install the program said no and that even though i went into the disk and selected each thing it said they were wrong. So i went to uninstall it but couldnt find an uninstall option in its files or in the add remove program. Next step i took was just trying to reinstall it. Each time i tried it popped up with a message that said there was an "unkownversion" "unkowntype" and that overwriting may downgrade my roxio software. i hit yes and the window would pop right back up saying the same thing. When i hit no it wouldnt do anything. So i did something stupid and did a full system search for roxio and just deleted anything that said roxio. Now its still listed in the add/remove program screen but still doesnt have an uninstall option and trying to install via disk gives the same message. Am i screwed or is there a way to fix it?

If your software program (what ever you have) came with your Dell contact them as it is their OEM version.

Archived