EMC 9 / MyDVD problem

soobt

Question

I have been building a VCD project. I have created 5 small slide shows. In the process I have added and removed some pictures. I have also created a few non picture slides.

My problem, when I go into "Edit Movie" add or remove slides I see some of my pictures are duplicated and some have disapeared? Has anyone else seen this problem. Am I doing something wrong?

Tom

1 answer to this question

I have been building a VCD project. I have created 5 small slide shows. In the process I have added and removed some pictures. I have also created a few non picture slides.

My problem, when I go into "Edit Movie" add or remove slides I see some of my pictures are duplicated and some have disapeared? Has anyone else seen this problem. Am I doing something wrong?

Tom

EDIT: If you are still trying to use that old, slow computer, you will get that problem. No questions about it. Your computer does not meet the minimum specification and it would be futile to keep posting questions about using the program on your computer. Take the product back to where you bought it !

I don't want to be accused of not being sympathetic but you were given information previously and you seem not to listen. I hate analogies but you simply cannot get a old Volkswagen to go 200 miles an hour without a lot of changes including a new engine (CPU).

If you are using Windows XP (I'm not even sure about that), use Windows Movie Maker; it is already on your computer and should work. Refer to the Microsoft's web page for that program. There are a lot of helpful instructions. If you want to output to a disc, then you can see the recommended program for that.

Original reply:

Tom, you'll have to give us more information about what product (EMC, MyDVD, or something that came with some hardware you bought) you have and also what application are you using (MyDVD, Video Wave, Slide Show Assistant).

Putting your computer specs in your signature will also be a big help. Many times the problem you are seeing is because of the hardware rather than the software.

Why are you doing a low quality VCD? Many DVD players will not handle that kind of disc. You could try a SVCD which will give you better quality, limited time on the disc (about 20 minutes) but again not all players will play that kind of disc. Even if your player will handle it, perhaps the people you share the production with will not have a player that will.

I'll assume that you have a laptop and do not have a DVD burner. Please consider buying an external (USB) DVD burner. You can get them pretty cheap now - under $50.

PLEASE do not duplicate posts. If you are not getting an answer it is because you did not post enough information and people are kind enough to not question you, or no one is available to help (we are all volunteers) or no one knows an answer. :)

Archived