Dual Layer Burning Issue with EMC 9

waxwing1

Question

I building quite the collection of DL coasters and at about $3 a pop it would be cheaper to stop at Pier One and buy a set of real coasters!

Seriously, I created a DL disk of my own content using Adobe Premiere Elements. I successfully burned it to a Memorex DVD+R DL via Premiere. Now I need to make 12 copies. I thought Disc Copier would be the way to go. When I attempt the copy, I receive a write error at about 13% with the error message "End of user area encountered on this track - Illegal request. I tried switching to Verbatim media and received the same error in the same spot.

My burner is HL-D-ST SVS+-RW GSA-H21N with firmware A106 which as best as I can tell is the most current.

I also tried using Roxio's Drag to Disc but received an error stating there wasn't enough room on the disk. I have 7GB of content (according to the successfully burned initial DVD) which should fit on a 8GB disk.

Help please!

- John

1 answer to this question

I building quite the collection of DL coasters and at about $3 a pop it would be cheaper to stop at Pier One and buy a set of real coasters!

Seriously, I created a DL disk of my own content using Adobe Premiere Elements. I successfully burned it to a Memorex DVD+R DL via Premiere. Now I need to make 12 copies. I thought Disc Copier would be the way to go. When I attempt the copy, I receive a write error at about 13% with the error message "End of user area encountered on this track - Illegal request. I tried switching to Verbatim media and received the same error in the same spot.

My burner is HL-D-ST SVS+-RW GSA-H21N with firmware A106 which as best as I can tell is the most current.

I also tried using Roxio's Drag to Disc but received an error stating there wasn't enough room on the disk. I have 7GB of content (according to the successfully burned initial DVD) which should fit on a 8GB disk.

Help please!

- John

Have you made an image (iso) file of the source DVD and then used DiscCopier to copy the file to the Dl DVD? That is the best way to make copies of the source DVD. The source DVD has to be read only once.

You definitely do not want to use Drag-to-Disc to make a copy of a DVD.

Archived