• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error when trying to burn DVD from VIDEO_TS folder

coder

Question

I am getting the above error message with the following Result code 108 when trying to burn a DVD from a video_ts folder. I searched this forum and google but did not find anything. I was hoping someone else has had this problem and an answer.

I am using a Powerbook G4 with 2 Gb Ram and plenty of disc space. I have tried both Toast 7 and 8 and get the same message. The video_ts folder is 3.68Gb.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

-Pat

2 answers to this question

That error will occur if the VIDEO_TS folder is missing some of its original content. For example, if it is a ripped from a DVD using a setting other than full disc extraction.

You might still be able to use the Media Browser to extract the MPEG file from the VIDEO_TS and have Toast author a new DVD. To do that you need to place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop and choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser.

That error will occur if the VIDEO_TS folder is missing some of its original content. For example, if it is a ripped from a DVD using a setting other than full disc extraction.

You might still be able to use the Media Browser to extract the MPEG file from the VIDEO_TS and have Toast author a new DVD. To do that you need to place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop and choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser.

Thanks, that is correct. One of the VOB files is corrupt. It's size is 1Gb, but it does not play. The original is a DVD I created last year from skiing footage. I will try to re-extract it again and see what I get.

Thanks again.

Archived