• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC doesn't start up

Filmer

Question

Sorry if this is a duplication of another post- couldnt find help on this...

I have EMC 9, and it has worked fine for the first week, but now just wont start up. When I click the launch shortcut, nothing happens....! I have tried a reinstall but to no avail.

I am running Vista Basic, and had no problems before a couple of days ago.

Any help very much appreciated.

6 answers to this question

OK - so after the installation it worked. Have you installed anything round the time it stopped (MS Updates, other program or anything)?

Can you access the suite through the start menu (instead of the 'home' app)?

Well something must have changed on the system, you can find out if it was our software by doing a clean install. If you do the clean install and still have the same problem, something else on the system must have gone wrong.

John: I can't install anything because when I put a CD in the drive, it is not recognized and if I go to my computer, the drive doesn't even show up there. It is as if it dissapeared. How can I get the drive recognized?

John: I can't install anything because when I put a CD in the drive, it is not recognized and if I go to my computer, the drive doesn't even show up there. It is as if it dissapeared. How can I get the drive recognized?

check and see if the drive is listed in device manager, and if it has errors there.

1 right click computer/properties

2 device manager in the top of the left bar

3 click the plus by DVD/CD-rom drives

your drive should be listed

if not showing the computer doesn't recognize it, if it does show up double click it and see what it says in the "Device status" box

hope this helps

Well something must have changed on the system, you can find out if it was our software by doing a clean install. If you do the clean install and still have the same problem, something else on the system must have gone wrong.

Thanks a lot for this John- it seems the clean install did the trick- I was trying repairs and reinstalls in place.

For the record, the only thing I can think of that might have caused this is my McAfee system clean-up tool which might have removed some essential files. Hey-ho.

Thanks a lot!

OK - so after the installation it worked. Have you installed anything round the time it stopped (MS Updates, other program or anything)?

Can you access the suite through the start menu (instead of the 'home' app)?

Thanks gi7omy

I havent installed anything since EMC9 install, and I have tried reinstalling...

It doesnt seem to matter where I start from, even going direct to MyDVD or anything else doesnt work. It's really weird.

Archived