Adding Unlinked Buttons

cmearian

Question

7 answers to this question

Even the "highest" level of EMC8 that is available does not have the unlinked button enabled. I do not know why Roxio/Sonic elected to have the button visible, but disabled. Maybe a future version will contain that feature.

I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but "it is what it is".

Thanks for clarifying. Is there a way then to add a Play All button to the main menu?

Another user posted a very simple solution:

Create a MyDVD project

Add your video file

Click on the thumbnail and copy to clipboard

Rename this thumbnail to PLAY ALL

Paste the clipboard back and move the thumbnail to another location

Right click on it and edit chapters

Rename this thumbnail - Play Scenes

Technically you have two buttons that 'point' to the same video. The second one will create a submenu to select scenes. I've used this several times and works fine.

I followed the procedure outlined in the Help section with no success. What am I doing wrong?

You aren't doing anything wrong. REREAD the HELP file. At the top of each Help page, there is this disclaimer:

Then how do I create links on the opening title page to specific chapters in the video?

When you 'ADD VIDEO/IMAGE FILE', the links are created automatically to a thumbnail button or text button depending on which 'style' you have chosen.

To create a submenu with chapters, Add your video file to the MAIN MENU. Right mouse button click on that thumbnail and choose EDIT CHAPTERS. After doing that, a submenu with thumbnails will automatically be created.

As far as I know, you can not create buttons on the MAIN MENU that are linked to chapter marks.

post-49-1140099896.jpg

I am also new to this product and have been struggling to add an unlinked button in an effort to add a PlayAll button to my project. Finding it greyed out has been frustrating. I did see the disclaimer you mention in the help text, but having just purchased EMC8 last week I am under the impression that I have the most recent and 'highest' level available.

I would appreciate anyone's clarification of what additional products I may need to enable this feature.

I am also new to this product and have been struggling to add an unlinked button in an effort to add a PlayAll button to my project. Finding it greyed out has been frustrating. I did see the disclaimer you mention in the help text, but having just purchased EMC8 last week I am under the impression that I have the most recent and 'highest' level available.

I would appreciate anyone's clarification of what additional products I may need to enable this feature.

Even the "highest" level of EMC8 that is available does not have the unlinked button enabled. I do not know why Roxio/Sonic elected to have the button visible, but disabled. Maybe a future version will contain that feature.

I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but "it is what it is".

Archived