• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Start/stop resets? how to use

lougee

Question

just got Toast 8 and have a simple question i think.

How do you burn a cd of audio tracks and make each track stop at the end (not continue on seamlessly)?

i don't just want a few seconds pause. I want it to stop and the person using the disc to have to press play again when ready. I found a page in Support about Start and Stop settings but it's clear as mud.

anybody know?

thanks,

Lou

3 answers to this question

Thanks so much for trying to answer my question. I trust your experience based on seeing the many posts you've made. But just to be clear, here's the text i found about what sounds like how to put starts and stop on tracks. How do you read it? Maybe when it's referring to putting a pause between tracks, not really a stop?

Start/Stop Offsets: Used to create a pause between Track Start (Index 1) and the audio start of every track on the disc. Start Offset creates a pause directly after Track Start (Index 1) and Stop Offset inserts a pause directly before the end of track.

Track 1 Start Offset: Track 1 Start Offset is a special start offset option that affects only Track 1.

thanks again,

Lou

Thanks so much for trying to answer my question. I trust your experience based on seeing the many posts you've made. But just to be clear, here's the text i found about what sounds like how to put starts and stop on tracks. How do you read it? Maybe when it's referring to putting a pause between tracks, not really a stop?

Start/Stop Offsets: Used to create a pause between Track Start (Index 1) and the audio start of every track on the disc. Start Offset creates a pause directly after Track Start (Index 1) and Stop Offset inserts a pause directly before the end of track.

Track 1 Start Offset: Track 1 Start Offset is a special start offset option that affects only Track 1.

thanks again,

Lou

This doesn't suggest that the player will pause the disc playback while waiting for a command to continue. You are wanting the CD to tell the player to go into a hardware pause mode. The term "stop" in this case doesn't mean it is stopping the disc's playback.

By the way, the Start/Stop Offset is accessed by selecting a track and clicking the Info button. Then click the window's disc tab. Here are the complete instructions for this feature found in Jam's Help:

Start/Stop Offsets

Start or Stop Offset is used to create a pause between Track Start (Index 1) and the audio start of every track on the disc. Start Offset creates a pause directly after Track Start (Index 1) and Stop Offset inserts a pause directly before the end of track.

This feature is used primarily to allow a short warm-up period for CD players that don't unmute quickly enough and therefore cut off some of the sound during playback.

Track 1 Start Offset

Track 1 Start Offset is a special start offset option that affects only Track 1.

I don't think there is any way for Toast to burn an audio CD that pauses a CD player at the end of each track. You could make a music DVD that has a series of 1-track albums. At the end of each track the DVD will return to the menu. Of course this means the person playing it would need to use a DVD player and be able to see the menu on a TV or computer screen.

As for the start/stop settings. You change those by choosing track trim in the same window where start and stop appear. However it really isn't stop. It is end of track.

Archived