• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deleting Proxy Files?

Guest RCD74

Question

Guest RCD74

I keep hearing some of you suggesting this to people. What does it mean and how does it help?? I have never done it before and I am wondering if I should be doing it. Thanks.

RCD74

1 answer to this question

I keep hearing some of you suggesting this to people. What does it mean and how does it help?? I have never done it before and I am wondering if I should be doing it. Thanks.

RCD74

It is a good idea to clear the proxy files periodically when you are doing a lot of editing on a project. Simply go to the top menu, select >Tools>Options> Clear proxy files. If you delete them, they will almost immediately be rebuilt with the images and music that is in your project as it stands.

Sometimes the proxy files are not updated correctly if you are doing a lot of editing of a project. Sometimes people experience the sound of a music file that they deleted or see an image that they deleted. Clearing the proxy files gets rid of those ghost images or music. It is most prevalent with music.

There is no absolute requirement to delete the proxy files but since it takes only a few seconds, it is simple to do. You can change the location of where the proxy files are stored to make sure you have space for them.

Archived