MyDVD 6.2 Creation Issue

jawzs2

Question

I have made a DVD this way successfully three times, but now when I try to burn a project to a DVD folder or a DVD, the audio is fine, but I only get 2 - 3 seconds of video, then a black screen. The project views fine, I can edit it, preview fine, save it and reopen it and all is OK. Only after burning does this occur. In the project, I have two movies approx 2GB each. When I open the saved DVD movies, the files\movies are only about 72MB each. I've tried with four different movies, two on each, and each individually, with the same result. One of the movies was successful on a prior burn.

Any ideas? I'd like to upgrade, but this is the only version that's supports my capture card. Dell (Lumanate) Angel USB

WinXP MCE 2002 SP2

2.8ghz

1GB Ram

120GB dest SATA drive

60GB source SATA drive

NEC DVD +-RW ND-3450A FirmWare-103c

NVIDEA GeForce 6800 256MB

9 answers to this question

After upgrading drivers and directx - still no-go, but I have managed to find a workaround. It seems MyDVD does not like to edit and transcode .dvr-ms files. If I edit the .dvr-ms in it's native format, by using dCut, then import it into MyDVD - it works great, I've done 4 dvd's back-to-back with no issues. It's a few extra steps, but works. thegreenbutton.com and Doom9.org are two sites with a wealth of info. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks to all for your input

I don't have the OEM version - I have the retail boxed ver. I did notice that I can add the movie and burn it fine if I don't touch it, it's only after editing does this issue occur. I don't get any error messages, it says DVD created successfully. It's also random on where the video drops out, one 40 min movie quit after 2-3 seconds of video - audio was still OK, the same movie went for 25 min before video went on hiatus on a different burn. I've tried both with and without transitions, edited by splitting scenes, doing find scenes, to no avail. I guess it's an uninstall and try something else. I'll post back when I discover what works. I know SnappySoft supports my card and will capture, but has no DVD authoring\burning capabilites. Anyone have any suggestions on a stable authoring program?

Thanks,

Joe

Sonic has a problem with Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11 (just like Roxio products).Have you updated your computer to either one?You may have done this by letting Windows Update automatically do it's thing.If you have then try returning to the previous versions of either or both programs and see if that helps.

Also you could update you video card drivers from the Mfg.and also make sure you have the latest DirectX update. Get that at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Hi! I'm new here also and am having the same problem. Yesterday, I discovered I could use Sonic MyDVD Verson 6.2.0 to capture files from my analog camcorder into MyDVD. I created 2-3 different mpeg files, which I saved first, then I burned them off onto DVD's successfully. I created 3 of them yesterday. When I went to finish capturing the remainder of my analog camcorder tape, I did the same thing, created 2 mpeg files which were saved, then tried to burn them off onto a DVD. I used the automatic scene detection on 2 of the DVD's including the 4th one. However when I went to burn it, it said it wasn't a valid mpeg file -20400. I even went in and tried to recapture the same analog video and saved it under a different name and tried to burn it again, but it keeps giving me the same error message. I can play the mpeg file within the preview and in Windows Media Player, but it just now won't allow me to burn that 4th DVD.

Thought it was interested that the previous poster said he did 3 DVD's successffully before it started giving him problems. The Sonic MyDVD came with my computer so I don't have a disc for it. I tried talking to live chat rep, but he said something changed and I needed to reinstall the program. Kind of hard to do when you don't have it! So is there a timer or something that allows you only to do so many DVD's before it messes up and you have to purchase a whole new program???

Thanks!

Sonic has a problem with Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11 (just like Roxio products).Have you updated your computer to either one?You may have done this by letting Windows Update automatically do it's thing.If you have then try returning to the previous versions of either or both programs and see if that helps.

Also you could update you video card drivers from the Mfg.and also make sure you have the latest DirectX update. Get that at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Thanks again Ogdens! Actually, I did recently upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 yesterday, but this problem occurred before I did so, so it can't be that. And I've had Windows Explorer 7 on here all along (new computer) and it worked fine then. Weirdest thing though, I got up this morning and was going to try a smaller mpeg file I had already saved and burn it to a DVD. Tried it and it worked! Then I tried the larger file I was having issues with yesterday and it worked fine! Maybe I just wore it out burning 3-4 DVD's in a row. Haven't tried it since, but I'll do so in a few days and see if it was just a fluke or something. But I'll keep that in mind should I continue to experience problems by going back to WMP10 or looking at the other suggestions you gave. Thanks again for your patience and help!

PeppiS

Hi! I'm new here also and am having the same problem. Yesterday, I discovered I could use Sonic MyDVD Verson 6.2.0 to capture files from my analog camcorder into MyDVD. I created 2-3 different mpeg files, which I saved first, then I burned them off onto DVD's successfully. I created 3 of them yesterday. When I went to finish capturing the remainder of my analog camcorder tape, I did the same thing, created 2 mpeg files which were saved, then tried to burn them off onto a DVD. I used the automatic scene detection on 2 of the DVD's including the 4th one. However when I went to burn it, it said it wasn't a valid mpeg file -20400. I even went in and tried to recapture the same analog video and saved it under a different name and tried to burn it again, but it keeps giving me the same error message. I can play the mpeg file within the preview and in Windows Media Player, but it just now won't allow me to burn that 4th DVD.

Thought it was interested that the previous poster said he did 3 DVD's successffully before it started giving him problems. The Sonic MyDVD came with my computer so I don't have a disc for it. I tried talking to live chat rep, but he said something changed and I needed to reinstall the program. Kind of hard to do when you don't have it! So is there a timer or something that allows you only to do so many DVD's before it messes up and you have to purchase a whole new program???

Thanks!

You have a OEM versio of Roxio. Check with wherever you got your computer, as they are responsible for all support for their version. If you don't have a installation disc, ask them for one.

You have a OEM versio of Roxio. Check with wherever you got your computer, as they are responsible for all support for their version. If you don't have a installation disc, ask them for one.

Thanks Ogdens! Do I need to check with the store where I purchased my computer or the manufacturer of the computer? Do they normally include any OEM software disc when you buy a computer? (This is an HP Media Center computer bought at CompUSA last October). Thanks!

PeppiS

Ogdens, do you by chance have any opinion on what retail version would be best to convert analog Hi8 tapes to DVD's? I noticed there is a MyDVD 9 as well as an Easy Media Creator 9. When I went to see if it would definintely do analog hi8 tapes to DVD, it just said it did DV camcorders to DVD. I asked the Live Chat Roxio chat rep and he assured me several times that the way to go was the EMC9 and it does convert analog video to DVD's, just like Sonic MyDVD is supposed to be doing (and has been doing up until today).

Thanks!

Peppis

Thanks Ogdens! Do I need to check with the store where I purchased my computer or the manufacturer of the computer? Do they normally include any OEM software disc when you buy a computer? (This is an HP Media Center computer bought at CompUSA last October). Thanks!

PeppiS

Ogdens, do you by chance have any opinion on what retail version would be best to convert analog Hi8 tapes to DVD's? I noticed there is a MyDVD 9 as well as an Easy Media Creator 9. When I went to see if it would definintely do analog hi8 tapes to DVD, it just said it did DV camcorders to DVD. I asked the Live Chat Roxio chat rep and he assured me several times that the way to go was the EMC9 and it does convert analog video to DVD's, just like Sonic MyDVD is supposed to be doing (and has been doing up until today).

Thanks!

Peppis

Contact HP its their software.

I don't have the OEM version - I have the retail boxed ver. I did notice that I can add the movie and burn it fine if I don't touch it, it's only after editing does this issue occur. I don't get any error messages, it says DVD created successfully. It's also random on where the video drops out, one 40 min movie quit after 2-3 seconds of video - audio was still OK, the same movie went for 25 min before video went on hiatus on a different burn. I've tried both with and without transitions, edited by splitting scenes, doing find scenes, to no avail. I guess it's an uninstall and try something else. I'll post back when I discover what works. I know SnappySoft supports my card and will capture, but has no DVD authoring\burning capabilites. Anyone have any suggestions on a stable authoring program?

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks - like the other poster mentioned, I've also been using IE 7 for awhile and it worked before. Haven't upgraded WMP, it doesn't support my Philips mp3 player. MS did have some software updates this month, so following your train of thought, I uninstalled the updates, but alas, no luck. I'll try the video drivers and directX next - stay tuned.

Thanks,

Joe

Archived