eyeru47

eyeru47

Question

I downloaded update for Easy Media Creator and tried several times to run and install the update, but every time I do I get an error message the say "The update patch cannot be installed by the windows installer service because the program to updated may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program" To make sure nothing is missing, first using control panael I reinstall and tried to update, yet unsccecful, with the same error message. And then I uninstalled the program and installed a fresh Easy Media Creater and then run the downloaded patch, again it failed coming up with the very same error message. I wonder why would I be unable to update Easy Media Creater 8 with the very same update for creator 8 I downloaded from Roxio web site?

I have come up with many problem using this softeare and I am almost now thinkin to move to another software. Can anyone point me if there is any other software (other than NERO) I would be very much grateful to anyone who tried to help me. Thank you.

1 answer to this question

What is the build number and the rev number of your copy of EMC8?

Check in help, about in any of the apps to find that. You should note that the update is for Build 800B85C only and nothing else (it just won't work)

If you check here you will see the following

"...Important Note:

This updater is intended for CD-ROM purchases acquired from a retail vendor only. Do not apply this update if you have downloaded your version of Easy Media Creator 8...."

If your version is 8.05, then you are already updated

Archived