• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DirectCD 3 error message

Victor3029

Question

I keep getting a message about a driver causing my system to become unstable. When i click on the details i am directed to www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/xpupdate.jhtml?location=update but when i go there it takes me to roxio home, where do i find the patch? or do i need to dump all the roxio stuff i have to eliminate the problem? The error message is as follows:

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows

2 answers to this question

I keep getting a message about a driver causing my system to become unstable. When i click on the details i am directed to www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/xpupdate.jhtml?location=update but when i go there it takes me to roxio home, where do i find the patch? or do i need to dump all the roxio stuff i have to eliminate the problem? The error message is as follows:

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows

What version of Windows are you using? If Vista, removed Drag to Disc. If XP, you may not have more than 1 packet writing program installed on your system or there will be conflicts and you'll need to remove one of them.

DirectCD is a version of packet writing that came with older versions of Roxio.You will get that message when you're trying to use an older,incompatible version even in XP.

What version of Roxio are you using?

Archived