• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

joekight@verizon.net

Mydvd Causes Pc To Reboot When Adding Video

Question

MyDVD-EMC8 upgraded with the latest patch. When I add two videos(~150Mb slideshows created using Videowave and saved as MPEG2 format) to my project everything works fine and I have burned the DVD with no issues. When I try to add a third video and press open the PC reboots and no error messages are given. I have shutdown my McAfee AV software and MS AntiSpy ware and got the same result each time. I do not think it is a resource issue as I have nothing else running at the time and looking at windows XP performance monitor using 10% of CPU resources before attempting to add the third video. CPU-3000XP, 512M DDR ram, 250G free disk space, ATI All-in wonder 9600 pro video card.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

Sorry, can't help you with that. Maybe tech support can.

Martin

At the moment (1/17/06) there is one update and one update only: 800B to 805B, Retail version ONLY!

Ive Found a Cure!!!

All you have to do is add all your video clips in Quick DVD (a side button under DVD & Vid) You add all you video clips there and then you can open it up MyDVD directly and from there you can edit it further.

I added 11 video clips and it worked.

Ive Found a Cure!!!

All you have to do is add all your video clips in Quick DVD (a side button under DVD & Vid) You add all you video clips there and then you can open it up MyDVD directly and from there you can edit it further.

I added 11 video clips and it worked.

NOTE: If you add a Vid Clip in My DVD it still reboots, so make sure you pick all the clips you want in Quick DVD.

NOTE: If you add a Vid Clip in My DVD it still reboots, so make sure you pick all the clips you want in Quick DVD.

Tnx! At least a way to work around the issue :)

Question:

If a common denominator to this and similar problems is ATI video card, AND so many people have ATI video cards, why doesn't Roxio quality assurance team (what?) test their software on machines with ATI cards? Surely Roxio does not expect users to replace their $200-500 video cards to make MyDVD work?

Edited by greatdanemusic

Question:

If a common denominator to this and similar problems is ATI video card, AND so many people have ATI video cards, why doesn't Roxio quality assurance team (what?) test their software on machines with ATI cards? Surely Roxio does not expect users to replace their $200-500 video cards to make MyDVD work?

I have an ATI card and just added 4 videos to MyDVD to try for BSOD. The 4 videos were added with no problems at all.

I have an ATI card and just added 4 videos to MyDVD to try for BSOD. The 4 videos were added with no problems at all.

This is what wonders me for a while now. If it would be ALL ATI cards than I would have expected a lot more replies. I'm pretty sure you're running build 805 :) and that was the other condition... I think it may be more complex than we suspect.

Martin

Edited by mdekker

This is what wonders me for a while now. If it would be ALL ATI cards than I would have expected a lot more replies. I'm pretty sure you're running build 805 :) and that was the other condition... I think it may be more complex than we suspect.

Martin

I think that you are correct, Martin. It is complex. I guess I would have to add that my ATI card is not an AIW type card.

I think that you are correct, Martin. It is complex. I guess I would have to add that my ATI card is not an AIW type card.

Hi Guys

Just to add to the info pool I just tried it on mine as well added 5 clips with no problem but my card is a PCIe x16 ATI x300se and I'm running 801B16A ENU build which I believe is the build for europe even though

I'm way down in Australia.

Hi Guys

Just to add to the info pool I just tried it on mine as well added 5 clips with no problem but my card is a PCIe x16 ATI x300se and I'm running 801B16A ENU build which I believe is the build for europe even though

I'm way down in Australia.

Hi!

Thanks, that confirms the situation we encountered: (ATI + "EMC < build 805x" + ???) is fine. It's (ATI + "EMC = build 805x" + ???) that causes problems for some of us. I'm very interested to know what the third condition (hence the ???) is :)

Martin

Edited by mdekker

Have only had this software about a week - was having the same problem when adding a 3rd video.

Under Tools/Options I switched from render using hardware to render using software, and everything seems to work great.

Also made this change in Videowave - rendering using hardware was causing my MPEGs to have some jitter. Works fine when I render using software.

Have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset.

Edited by rlamka@albedo.net

Have only had this software about a week - was having the same problem when adding a 3rd video.

Under Tools/Options I switched from render using hardware to render using software, and everything seems to work great.

Also made this change in Videowave - rendering using hardware was causing my MPEGs to have some jitter. Works fine when I render using software.

Have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset.

Thanks Guys

The Program works great as soon as l changed it to work on software.

Thanks Again for all the GREAT!! help

Andrew

I'm having the same problem after installing the 8.05 update. AMD 3200+ processor, ATI Mobility RADEON Xpress 200 Series video. It crashes if I try to add a new submenu, too. Guess I'll just uninstall and re-install the original.

I too have the same issue. Switching to software rendering has no effect.

My system:

Intel Pentium 3.06HT (HT enabled)

1 gig DDR 400 Ram

Plextor 712a DVD

TDK 52x CD/RW

Soundblaster Audigy 2zs

Maxtor 200gig HD

ATI x800 pro 256mb

I also agree that it is ridiculous for this product to be release without testing with ATI drivers. Since we all have the problem across multiple card types, it appears to be a driver issue and most likely can be fixed without too much hassle.

Patiently waiting...(though my next vid card will be Nvidia, rofl)

Edited by sheldonbernstein

I too have the same issue. Switching to software rendering has no effect.

My system:

1 gig DDR 400 Ram

Plextor 712a DVD

TDK 52x CD/RW

Soundblaster Audigy 2zs

Maxtor 200gig HD

ATI x800 pro 256mb

I also agree that it is ridiculous for this product to be release without testing with ATI drivers. Since we all have the problem across multiple card types, it appears to be a driver issue and most likely can be fixed without too much hassle.

Patiently waiting...(though my next vid card will be Nvidia, rofl)

I have no problems at all with my ATI card, but it is not an AIW card.

Actually, try Nero 7 Premium. I just did. Works flawlessly, easily, and seems to do pretty much what Roxio does without the hassle. I'm returning EMC 8 tomorrow.

I haven't tried the Nero 7 yet. I have version 6.*** and use it every once in awhile and don't really care for it.

If you start having problems with Nero 7, don't look for any Nero sponsored forums, because they don't exist. But, good luck to you, anyway, with Nero 7. I am tempted to try it out, myself.

Looks like this is a real problem that I am lucky enough to now have. Has Roxio come out with an official patch yet? If not EMC8 goes back.

My system:

1 gig DDR 400 Ram

Plextor 712a DVD

TDK 52x CD/RW

Soundblaster Audigy 2zs

Maxtor 200gig HD

ATI x800 pro 256mb

I just tried it on an AMD system (xp-3000+) with an ati-aiw 9600 (not the latest drivers from 11-2005). I'm using version 8 retail boxed without the update and did 5 mpegs in mydvd without a glitch.

Yep, nero 7 works like a champ, has animated menus and such so that is what I am using until they fix this. What sort of system do you have with your ATI card that works? I don't have an AIW either so that is odd.....

E- Machine t-3085 which is an AMD Athlon 3000+ processor. I had problems a year or so ago with v7, I deducted it was due to being overun with adware /spyware because after running spybot and ad-aware (freeware) the problems went away. Have versions 7, and 8 running on this machine and an e-machine t-3065 with no problems. I didn't update v-8 to 8.05 and would suggest if v-8 works as is don't do the update.

Hi,

I didn't update v-8 to 8.05

That's probably the reason why you don't have this problem. It's a combination of (certain) ATI cards and 8.05. Some have reported before that things worked fine until updating to 8.05.

Martin

Hi!

Thanks, that confirms the situation we encountered: (ATI + "EMC < build 805x" + ???) is fine. It's (ATI + "EMC = build 805x" + ???) that causes problems for some of us. I'm very interested to know what the third condition (hence the ???) is :blink:

Martin

That is not necessarilly the logical conclusion. I exprerienced similar problems with ATI cards + EMC 8.0 - I was hoping 8.05 would fix it. Alas I have been too optimistic with Roxio.

Edited by greatdanemusic

I too have the same reboot issue.

I use .avi files, have XP SP2 installed & use a Gateway 8510GZ notebook (upgraded to 2G of ram) with an ATI Mobility X700 card.

I don't know if there's a replacement out for this card yet.

I was having the same problem. I downloaded and installed the most recent drivers from ATI. I then had a problem with some ATI .exe crashing at startup. I did a bit of research and discoved the .exe did not need to be running so I took it out of StartUp. I then rebooted my computer and no longer had a problem with MyDVD crashing.