Video Capturing Problem

xbucklawx

Question

Hello All,

As my topic states, i'm having problems capturing with EMC 8.

The finalized mpeg video that is created looks wrong.

It's hard to describe, that's why i am uploading a sample for all to see.

It almost looks like the action scenes in the video are "dragging". Like on TV when there's a "stoned" scene.

I'm guessing it may be the codec that roxio uses in 8, because this has never happened when I had 7.5.

8 answers to this question

Pixelated? Like little rectangles?

No it is not pixelated.

What does the video look like when you play it back on your video camera?

Does the imported video look OK in the preview or is it 'dragging'?

The video in the preview looks great, and it looks good when played though my VCR.

The end result is where the problem is occuring.

The video was made in 1984.

It's almost as if their arm is down, but you can still see their arm up (very faintly), while it is going down,

that type of effect is happening. Which would make me believe that it may be a frame rate issue, i'm recording at 29.97fps. Maybe the video wasn't made at 29.97fps?

Guest mlpasley
The video in the preview looks great, and it looks good when played though my VCR.

The end result is where the problem is occuring.

The video was made in 1984.

It's almost as if their arm is down, but you can still see their arm up (very faintly), while it is going down,

that type of effect is happening. Which would make me believe that it may be a frame rate issue, i'm recording at 29.97fps. Maybe the video wasn't made at 29.97fps?

The following comments should make it clear that I don't work for Roxio......

I don't think you're having a capture problem because you say it looks good in the preview. I thought you might have been having problem with a digital camcorder, because you can get that type of effect when you're using Steadyshot and filming fast action, but you're using analog footage.

From what you've said, you haven't changed anything else on your computer and you didn't get these results when you used 7.5.

The only conclusion that makes sense to me is that it's version 8 that's causing the problem. That program doesn't run well on my computer and you might be having similar problems. I went back to using version 7.5.

The following comments should make it clear that I don't work for Roxio......

I don't think you're having a capture problem because you say it looks good in the preview. I thought you might have been having problem with a digital camcorder, because you can get that type of effect when you're using Steadyshot and filming fast action, but you're using analog footage.

From what you've said, you haven't changed anything else on your computer and you didn't get these results when you used 7.5.

The only conclusion that makes sense to me is that it's version 8 that's causing the problem. That program doesn't run well on my computer and you might be having similar problems. I went back to using version 7.5.

I, like ml, would not use version 8 for video work. The final product produced from my old VHS home movies is poor, when compared to version 7.5. I use version 7.5 for video work and version 8 for most other things.

Sorry, forgot to include my specs.

Pentium IV 2.8GHz

Windows XP SP2

ATI AIW 9000 Capture Card

512Mb Ram

I can't upload a clip from the video, because it doesn't appear. The reason is probably because of the small file size as well as the quality. But on the finished MPEG as well as the finished DVD, it appears.

Pixelated? Like little rectangles?

Hello All,

It almost looks like the action scenes in the video are "dragging". Like on TV when there's a "stoned" scene.

I'm guessing it may be the codec that roxio uses in 8, because this has never happened when I had 7.5.

Guest mlpasley
Hello All,

What does the video look like when you play it back on your video camera?

Does the imported video look OK in the preview or is it 'dragging'?

Archived