• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Burn To Disc Getting No Disc Message

cricket1235

I get all the way up to hitting the burn button and I get a message telling me to insert disc. I already have one in. I can eject disc. The Combo 52X is recognized my my computer, etc. Just keep gettin this message. Any clues?

Read through the FAQ's at the top of this page.

If nothing helps, post back with details.

A couple things from the support boards:

Using Roxio Assistant: Roxio Assistant is designed to correct Engine Initialization errors. If Easy CD & DVD Creator's Engine does not initialize, the applications in Easy CD & DVD Creator will not recognize your recorder.

After running Roxio assistant, you should update Easy CD & DVD Creator as described above in "Updating Your Software to the Latest Version:".

1. RoxAssist.exe is located at:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Upgrade\RoxAssist.exe
    (Note: If you have modified the installation of Windows or Easy CD & DVD Creator, the file may be located in a different location.)
  2. After running this program you should receive the message "Engine initialized successfully with full recorder support".
  3. If you do not receive the message, update your Virus software and then check and clean your system for viruses. After the removal of any viruses, uninstall and then reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator (use "Add Remove Programs" in "Control Panel".)

Roxio Assistant: In some instances Roxio Assistant may require the installation CD, not allowing you to "Cancel" with out it. In this case you will need to insert the Easy CD & DVD Creator install disc into your drive so that Roxio Assistant will have access to needed files.

CD or DVD drive Not Recognized:

1. Run Roxio assistant as described above.
  2. Update Easy CD and DVD Creator as described above.
  3. Support for Newer Recorders: Your CD or DVD drive may be newer than the drives Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 already supports. You can add support for newer drives by using the Roxio Updater. You may also check our online database for supported drives at: <a href="http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives"'>http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives" class="bodyLink">http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives
  4. Is Drag-to-Disc Interfering: You may not be able to use your burner (CD/DVD recorder), or the burner may not be recognized if it is already being used by another Easy CD & DVD Creator application (for example, Drag-to-Disc).

Drag-to-Disc uses formatted discs, Easy CD & DVD Creator's: Creator Classic, AudioCentral, Disc Copier, PhotoSuite, and DVD Builder all need blank unformatted discs. Remove the formatted disc and replace it with a blank, unformatted disc.

Here are some behaviors that indicate the disc in the burner is a formatted disc:

• Disc Copier will say "Reserved by Roxio Drag-to-Disc Kernel
  • AudioCentral will say "The device . . . Has been reserved by another application..."
  • PhotoSuite will not allow you to select "Record" when making a VCD
  • DVD Builder will only allow you to "Save Project as Image File on Hard Disk"

I am using platinum 5.0 with Xp so I understand why the drive is not recognized. The PC is too new for the software...

I downloaded the driveup5.3.5.exe and ran that - no help...

I downloaded the driveFixEZ_installed and ran that - no help...

I've tried numerous times to access the Roxio chat support line but there's never been anyone there to chat.

What now?

I am using platinum 5.0 with Xp so I understand why the drive is not recognized. The PC is too new for the software...

I downloaded the driveup5.3.5.exe and ran that - no help...

I downloaded the driveFixEZ_installed and ran that - no help...

I've tried numerous times to access the Roxio chat support line but there's never been anyone there to chat.

What now?

Chef

Have you read this (from the ECDC 5 forum)... http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=125

Archived