• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC7/7.5 clashes

oakiedokie

Question

6 answers to this question

I didn't want to screw things up again by trying something without checking the community first. I will proceed mate.

I cannot find any information on Pinnacle software conflicting with EMC 7, but that's not a guarantee that it won't conflict. Almost any software that you put on your computer has the potential to create conflicts.

I did find a knowledgebase article about capturing from Pinnacle hardware and Roxio advised to capture with the Pinnacle software.

So I think you'll be ok.

Let us know what you find out. :)

You're going to have to explain a little more, please.

What kind of problems are you having? Please give more details.

Sorry if I have misled you but I am in the process of obtaining Movie Box with a view to convert my old VHS tapes to DVD and recently had problems involving IE7 conflicting with EMC7.5 so thought I'd ask if anyone had tried the Pinnacle stuff and how it went for them.

Have you checked with Pinnacle on this to see what the outputs, etc are and whether or not it's compatible with other software?

No but thanks for the tip. Will do as well.

Has anyone had any problem using movie box to capture old VHS tapes and studio 9 software to edit the result before authoring and burning using EMC7.5 please?

Oakiedokie

You're going to have to explain a little more, please.

What kind of problems are you having? Please give more details.

The easy solution is to remove Internet Explorer 7 and revert back to IE 6. Good virus protection, spam and spyware protection on your computer is the best security with either browser.

I've never used Pinnacle but if it came with Movie Box, that's probably going to be the best way to import your video.

Internet Explorer 7 causes conflicts with other programs too. Microsoft never answered my question as to why the released a 'critical update' that broke some of the programs on my PC. Communication with them appears to be a one way path.

Thanks ML. I think you advised me earlier how to drop kick IE7 and I did that and EMC7.5 has been great ever since. I didn't want to screw things up again by trying something without checking the community first. I will proceed mate.

Sorry if I have misled you but I am in the process of obtaining Movie Box with a view to convert my old VHS tapes to DVD and recently had problems involving IE7 conflicting with EMC7.5 so thought I'd ask if anyone had tried the Pinnacle stuff and how it went for them.

No but thanks for the tip. Will do as well.

The easy solution is to remove Internet Explorer 7 and revert back to IE 6. Good virus protection, spam and spyware protection on your computer is the best security with either browser.

I've never used Pinnacle but if it came with Movie Box, that's probably going to be the best way to import your video.

Internet Explorer 7 causes conflicts with other programs too. Microsoft never answered my question as to why the released a 'critical update' that broke some of the programs on my PC. Communication with them appears to be a one way path.

Archived