• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

error after upgrade from record 8 to 9

whizznchips

Question

I've upgraded from recordnow 8 to recordnow 9 music lab installation seemed to go ok i then deleted recordnow 8 from system

Now when i play a mp3 file through windows media 10 the windows ( I have probs with wm11) the installer tries to install Sonic Cineplayer Decoder Pack this fails with the following error message

A network error occured while attempting to read from file:

C:\Docume~1\OWNER~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\pft6E20.tmp\7738b9c.msi

I have tried both to (re)install and repair options but the error still appears the only way to stop it is to click cancel this then allows the mp3 file(s) to play

Watch DVD and Media Experience fail to work also could this be related to the missing decoderpack was the pack deleted when i removed recordnow 8?

I did email the support desk but i have yet to recieve a reply :(

Any help/advice would be appreciated

2 answers to this question

Hi Liqvid

Thanks for the advice I did as you indicated and reinstalled from scratch and the problem has now been resolvled ... strange that even though i originally did add/remove programs to remove version 8 it appears to do only half the job :blink: and not not very well at that either ... oh well such is the wonderful mystical world of windows ;)

I would recommend doing a complete uninstall of both versions (including clearing out files on the harddrive and registry entries) and then installing just version 9.

I think both versions were using the same decoder files and that when you uninstalled 8, it took the decoder with it. Now version 9 is looking for them and can't find them.

I can't find any specific instructions on how to uninstall Recordnow but I can recommend you take a look at this KB article: Link

Archived