• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Eyetv 1.8.4 Export And Toast 7 - Toast Not Skipping In/out Points?

jswitte

Question

I just upgraded to Toast 7 the other day, and noticed that when I do export from EyeTV using "Burn with Toast", when Toast burns the DVD it doesn't respect the in/out points I'd set with EyeTV when multiplexing. Worse yet, Toast 6 won't accept EyeTV's files anymore (unsupported mpg format), so I can't go back to it. Has anyone else seem this? I assume that upgrading to eyeTV 2 will fix the problem..

Thanks,

Jim

4 answers to this question

Jim-

Are you compacting after marking the in/out points? I don't think Toast will recognized a file that hasn't been compacted first. In other words, no "yellow" marked areas.

When I compact the file, toast recognizes the marker points as "chapters".

A quick test. Open a file and mark the in/out points. Make a large edit area. Now, don't compact. Clost the file, select the file in the program list and choose "Burn with Toast." When toast opens, does it displays the exact time of the uncompacted file, or the compacted file? It should show the time of the uncompacted file.

Garry

Jim-

Are you compacting after marking the in/out points? I don't think Toast will recognized a file that hasn't been compacted first. In other words, no "yellow" marked areas.

When I compact the file, toast recognizes the marker points as "chapters".

Garry

I'm not compacting before I do "Burn with Toast", and it displays the full time. But it didn't do this with Toast 6 - it would multiplex only the selected areas - I'd verify that, except that Toast 6 won't import the files anymore.. I'll have to go hunting for whatever plugin Toast 7 installs. Toast 6 displayed the compacted size - I remember that I'd edit a TV show down to it's usual 42 minutes, and Toast would definitely display only 42 in the time field. The marker points were recognized as chapters by Toast 6.

Jim-

I've only tried this in the current versions of Toast & EyeTV. Haven't tried it in Toast 6.

I upgraded to EyeTV2 the today, and it does the same thing.. I'm going to see if it works on Toast 6 (on my G3 machine - hopefully eyeTV won't complain about *export* on a G3)

Archived