• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Incremental & Differnential Backups

jamieblackandwhite

Question

I have Backup MyPC version 6. I have a problem with one machine on our network. I do a full backup with no problems, then a few days later I try both a Differential backup and an Incremental backup, however both backups are the same size as the full backup, it doesn't seem to recognise that a full backup was done on the machine, or the program thinks every file has been changed since the full backup.

The problem pc is running Windows XP Pro. The server where Backmypc is installed runs Windows 2000. Other machines on the network have Windows XP Pro too, but the incremental or differential backups work fine on them.

Does anyone have any ideas about this extremely frustrating problem (before I have to call tech support for £1 per minute!)

Thanks

Jamie

1 answer to this question

I have Backup MyPC version 6. I have a problem with one machine on our network. I do a full backup with no problems, then a few days later I try both a Differential backup and an Incremental backup, however both backups are the same size as the full backup, it doesn't seem to recognise that a full backup was done on the machine, or the program thinks every file has been changed since the full backup.

The problem pc is running Windows XP Pro. The server where Backmypc is installed runs Windows 2000. Other machines on the network have Windows XP Pro too, but the incremental or differential backups work fine on them.

Does anyone have any ideas about this extremely frustrating problem (before I have to call tech support for £1 per minute!)

Thanks

Jamie

Make sure that BUMP has the authority to update the transfer flag. If it can't update the flag, it does not know whether the files were backed up or not and will back up everything.

Archived