• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dao.msi Error Fix

frankcolella

Question

1- Unregister it by typing this at the command line-

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

then.

2- Register it:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

Go to START/RUN then copy and paste the Unregister command in the run box. PRess OK

Do the same with the second command to register.

:) initialize the roxio product you are using.

If this fixes your problem, please post with the video adapter you are using.

This fix so far has worked on all the built by ATI AIW radeon and AVIO cards.

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would appreciate help. I've also had the dao.msi --endless loop upon installation-where I can never get past install because it looks for the files. It does tell me ERROR 1706 Is that the same code you've rec'd?

I have been trying to run on a Sony laptop-- VGN FS 770w--1.86 processor, 1 gig video memory-- according to sony I DON'T HAVE an ATI card on this computer but rather an

Intel 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML. -- references to Legacy????

Is there some relationship between ATI and Intel or Legacy ?

I've tried the "repair" function on Office 2003 on the chance that Office added DAO files to the computer. ( in add remove there's a icon for DAO-- but wont' let me remove-- gets hung up trying to install/look for install --refers to ATI. If Sony is right not sure where that would have come from if no ATI card on the computer???

I have run scan disk & defrag after major problems with the computer finally have it up and running after 2 days of headaches. I am extremely nervous about reinstalling( again!) or making the edit changes suggested without knowing more about the chipset.

HELP! -- I have a deaf son and use the computer to communicate with him and I cannot afford to travel with a laptop that has been put out of commission due to this program.

I've run earlier versions of roxio on other computers with great success. Extremely disappointed in what is happening here. I also cannot seem to log in and out of the web support ( post a case) -- one time it lets me in and one time it doesn't. Same password/sign in.

I'm grateful for any help.

then.

2- Register it:

Go to START/RUN then copy and paste the Unregister command in the run box. PRess OK

This fix works for NVDIA GeForce FX 5700VE

Software fixed? $70 and I have to repair it? Not to be flippant we're lucky to have the skills to complete the task, many folks out there have to pay someone to repair these minor problems.

Just figured Roxio would have been able to find the problem and stop it from happening given the time frame.

Sorry to have caused you any grief.

Back to lurking.

J

Look at the path in the first post "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

It is from Microsoft Office, so it is going to be hard for Roxio to fix.

post-39-1149335090.jpg

Upgraded my video editing computer from ATI AIW 8500DV & EMC7 (which worked fine but was getting very slow as projects got bigger) to ATI AIW X800XT and EMC9.1 and the DAO problem raised its ugly head as soon as I tried to open EMC. EMC also said my original ATI drivers were out of date. I first checked Windows Updates Hardware section and sure enough there were 3 ATI driver updates. The DAO error was still there so I Googled it and found this unreg/reg fix and it worked for me.

One problem though is that after the ATI driver updates from Windows Update were installed, I now have an "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager. I first did the full ATI update from the ATI website and found that I lost several functions from Media Center that were in the original installation software that came with the graphics card so I uninstalled all of the downloaded ATI SW in favor of the original with just driver updates. I'm using the original Catalyst and Media Center. At this time I have no idea what the 'unknown device' is but I'm sure I'll find out when I attempt to use that device at some point in the future...

Thanks for the DAO fix!!!

Worked absolutely perfect for me (ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 and Roxio EMC 8).

Reinstalled OS (XP Pro) and started getting error (even though hardware\software hadn't changed since initial card upgrade - Had ATI All-in-Wonder 7500 and upgraded to ATI All-in-Wonder 2006 Edition (9600)).

When I got the initial error (upon fresh install of OS\apps), uninstalled Roxio 8 and re-installed Roxio 8 with no change. Your posting was a headache saver.

THANK YOU!!

:)

then.

2- Register it:

:huh: initialize the roxio product you are using.

Thankyou, this was very helpful. I tried off and on for weeks to reload software to find this file and never could. Your remedy worked perfect. I followed your instruction exactly as you stated and now I no longer the the error. Thank you for taking the time to write your anser to thisa problem.

KUDOS

then.

2- Register it:

:ninja: initialize the roxio product you are using.

Worked for an ATI All-In-Wonder x800xl. Found out from ATI the DAO is used in their library function. If you don't use the library function it can be removed with "remove programs" but this fix makes it coexist as it should. Thanks for the info. I could find very little on ATI's site and nothing on Roxio's site until I wondered into this forum. If Roxio does not want to do any of their own support they should give one a stronger pointer to go here for support. "Discussion Group" does not sound like a place to find support. I have found solutions to 2 problems now that I could not find in Roxio's knowledge? base. Submitting a ticket to Roxio support is also useless. I guess this is sort of like self-service support. I am glad they at least provide this. Thanks again.

Normally with ATI you have a choice - download the simple drivers or download the entire Catalyst program.

If you check here, there are also instructions for the installation

Your unknown device - sometimes this program will tell you what driver you may be missing (it's designed really to check online for updates to all drivers but I have found that now and again it will identify an 'unknown device')

Thanks for talking the time to post this fix. You're solving a lot of people's difficult problems. I've wasted hours trying to resolve this problem before ATI sent me to this post.

I could not get the instructions to work from a command promt. I did execute from the Start/Run window and it appears to have worked.

One would think that the ISVs (including "MiracleSoft") would figure out how to resolve such bugs once a solution is found. And it shouldn't matter wher the fix came from as long as it works, as this one does!!!

I'm using an ATI All-in-Wonder card in an HP system. I believe it's and HP OEM card made by ATI to and HP spec. The HP receipt lists it as an All-in-Wonder 9000.

then.

2- Register it:

The fix just worked for me, too. I am running ATI Radeon X600 Pro All-in-Wonder

Thanks.

Archived