Print assistant

grandpa  don

Question

Photosuite wont print multiples, such a s thumbnails, my favorite. Print assistant is supposed to but I cant figure out how to open it.

At EMC 9 Home when I click print photos it disappears back to previous window.

Looks like I have to use a separate path to get edit side of photosuite (a different icon on start menu)

Why is my photosuite so messy. Is it just mine, or all?

6 answers to this question

Hi, I hope my experience can help others with printing contact sheets using Roxio EMC. (I have Version 9.) The Home menu seems unstable on my machine, for some reason, so I don't use it and I could not quickly figure it out in PhotoSuite, so working directly from Media Manager seemed my best bet.

Here is what works for me:

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Roxio EMC > My Media > Media Manager

2. In Media Manager, click on the Print icon (it's along the top row of icons, in between the Email and Sharing icons). [alternately, click on File > Print, if you are used to doing it that way]

~Clicking on this Print icon (or File > Print) opens a Print dialog window, much like the one in PhotoSuite, but it adds a column at the right where you can add all of your photos that you want to print as a Contact Sheet.~

3. In the Print dialog window, click on the little blue "Add Photos" icon at the top of the right hand column. (It is a dark blue square with a little green arrow pointing to the right.) This opens up a Windows Explorer window where you can navigate to your pictures folder and click on whatever photos you want to add to your Contact Sheet. (Ctrl + Click to add multiple photos)

4. Once you have selected your photos, click the Add Photos button at the bottom of the Explorer window. (If you want to add more photos from a different folder, just click on the Add Photos icon at the top of that third column again and repeat Steps 3 and 4.)

5a. In the Settings column on the left of the Print Dialog window, under the Layout heading, click on "As a contact sheet" and the program will generate a print preview of your contact sheet in the middle column.

5b. Under the heading of Rows and Columns, choose how many rows and or columns you would like to print and how you would like it set up (lots of options).

I have tried several different utilities to print contact sheets and found that none of those I tried have the ease and flexibility of the one contained in Roxio EMC. I don't use PhotoSuite, only because I spent too much time learning PhotoShop Elements and am happy with it, but when I do get some time I plan to explore more of PhotoSuite's features.

Anyway, I hope this can help :)

~karri

Great post; thank you. I knew that there had to be another way to get to that print function. :)

Great post; thank you. I knew that there had to be another way to get to that print function. :)

Hi sknis,

Thanks for your reply ... I had a great "quick start" to Roxio EMC thanks to your video examples (as well as all the other helpful info on these boards). It is nice to be able to give a little back :)

Yes, I agree that Photosuite needs help (as does the Home function)! Do I understand you correctly that you go to the Home Menu and then down to the Photo tab and select print photos and the application disappears? Or do you see a print photos on the Home Welcome page under frequent tasks?

The Home menu is just a bunch of grouped shortcuts to different applications. Go to Windows>Start>Programs>Roxio Easy...> Photo> :blink: ooops it is not there on my set-up so that won't work.

You might try a repair install. :( perhaps that will work.

The only other way of printing multiple images on a page is work intensive. In Photosuite, open the images you want to print. Create a new canvas. Open the first image, size it down to say 13%. Right click to copy, click on the canvas and then right click to paste. You must then do the final sizing from there. I guess if you do enough of them it will become easy and quick. You then print just the canvas.

Perhaps someone else knows where that print function is. :unsure:

You could also use Windows built in print wizard. Just use Windows to navigate to the folder and right click on an image. Select "open with" and select Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. A screen will open with that image. Down at the bottom, there is a print icon. Click on that to open the application. Use check marks to select the ones you want to print and then in the next step you can select the contact sheet or even the pocket size. I know there is a easier way of doing it but this one is convenient.

Hi, I hope my experience can help others with printing contact sheets using Roxio EMC. (I have Version 9.) The Home menu seems unstable on my machine, for some reason, so I don't use it and I could not quickly figure it out in PhotoSuite, so working directly from Media Manager seemed my best bet.

Here is what works for me:

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Roxio EMC > My Media > Media Manager

2. In Media Manager, click on the Print icon (it's along the top row of icons, in between the Email and Sharing icons). [alternately, click on File > Print, if you are used to doing it that way]

~Clicking on this Print icon (or File > Print) opens a Print dialog window, much like the one in PhotoSuite, but it adds a column at the right where you can add all of your photos that you want to print as a Contact Sheet.~

3. In the Print dialog window, click on the little blue "Add Photos" icon at the top of the right hand column. (It is a dark blue square with a little green arrow pointing to the right.) This opens up a Windows Explorer window where you can navigate to your pictures folder and click on whatever photos you want to add to your Contact Sheet. (Ctrl + Click to add multiple photos)

4. Once you have selected your photos, click the Add Photos button at the bottom of the Explorer window. (If you want to add more photos from a different folder, just click on the Add Photos icon at the top of that third column again and repeat Steps 3 and 4.)

5a. In the Settings column on the left of the Print Dialog window, under the Layout heading, click on "As a contact sheet" and the program will generate a print preview of your contact sheet in the middle column.

5b. Under the heading of Rows and Columns, choose how many rows and or columns you would like to print and how you would like it set up (lots of options).

I have tried several different utilities to print contact sheets and found that none of those I tried have the ease and flexibility of the one contained in Roxio EMC. I don't use PhotoSuite, only because I spent too much time learning PhotoShop Elements and am happy with it, but when I do get some time I plan to explore more of PhotoSuite's features.

Anyway, I hope this can help :)

~karri

Hi sknis,

Thanks for your reply ... I had a great "quick start" to Roxio EMC thanks to your video examples (as well as all the other helpful info on these boards). It is nice to be able to give a little back :)

Please keep giving ! ;)

Photosuite wont print multiples, such a s thumbnails, my favorite. Print assistant is supposed to but I cant figure out how to open it.

At EMC 9 Home when I click print photos it disappears back to previous window.

Looks like I have to use a separate path to get edit side of photosuite (a different icon on start menu)

Why is my photosuite so messy. Is it just mine, or all?

Yes, I agree that Photosuite needs help (as does the Home function)! Do I understand you correctly that you go to the Home Menu and then down to the Photo tab and select print photos and the application disappears? Or do you see a print photos on the Home Welcome page under frequent tasks?

The Home menu is just a bunch of grouped shortcuts to different applications. Go to Windows>Start>Programs>Roxio Easy...> Photo> :blink: ooops it is not there on my set-up so that won't work.

You might try a repair install. :( perhaps that will work.

The only other way of printing multiple images on a page is work intensive. In Photosuite, open the images you want to print. Create a new canvas. Open the first image, size it down to say 13%. Right click to copy, click on the canvas and then right click to paste. You must then do the final sizing from there. I guess if you do enough of them it will become easy and quick. You then print just the canvas.

Perhaps someone else knows where that print function is. :unsure:

You could also use Windows built in print wizard. Just use Windows to navigate to the folder and right click on an image. Select "open with" and select Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. A screen will open with that image. Down at the bottom, there is a print icon. Click on that to open the application. Use check marks to select the ones you want to print and then in the next step you can select the contact sheet or even the pocket size. I know there is a easier way of doing it but this one is convenient.

Archived