Toast 7 Error With Cd Key...

spoteete

Question

:)

I just bought a LaCie DVD DL burner bundled with Toast 7 Titanium. I've installed everything on Mac OS X 10.4.5. I've copied the Toast Apps. to the applications folder. Go through the setup process and Key in the CD Key which it accepts. Proceed to finish and the Toast app opens for 1 second then closes immediately. No explanation, no error. When I go back to reopen the app. I have to go back through the setup assistant again, but this time my CD Key number has been replaced by a TSID # that I've never seen before. When I try to replace that number with the CD Key it fails again.

I've uninstalled EVERYTHING related to Toast and it still happens. I also registered my product CD Key with Roxio... still nothing.

I am VERY frustrated and have spent 3 hours trying to figure this one out. I've never had an install problem like this before.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Any ideas?

Shane

3 answers to this question

This possibly means that you are not correctly installing Toast in the first place. Try following the below instructions literally step by step.

1. Do a search on Toast using the Finder and first trash the incorrectly installed Toast.

2. Then insert the Toast 7 Titanium installation disc

3. Drag the "Toast 7 Titanium" Folder (not the Toast CD icon) to desktop or application folder.

4. This will be confirmed by a dialog prompting that it is copying the folder.

5. Once the folder is copied, eject the Toast installation disc out.

6. Go to the Application folder and locate the Toast 7 Titanium folder that you just copied

7. Double click on the Folder and then double click on the Toast 7 Titanium app.

8. You should be done.

Note : You donot have to re-register if you have already registed online.

This possibly means that you are not correctly installing Toast in the first place. Try following the below instructions literally step by step.

1. Do a search on Toast using the Finder and first trash the incorrectly installed Toast.

2. Then insert the Toast 7 Titanium installation disc

3. Drag the "Toast 7 Titanium" Folder (not the Toast CD icon) to desktop or application folder.

4. This will be confirmed by a dialog prompting that it is copying the folder.

5. Once the folder is copied, eject the Toast installation disc out.

6. Go to the Application folder and locate the Toast 7 Titanium folder that you just copied

7. Double click on the Folder and then double click on the Toast 7 Titanium app.

8. You should be done.

Note : You donot have to re-register if you have already registed online.

I just deleted everything again including all User > Library > Preferences > Toast Related Preferences, Applications, support files, etc. Reinstalled for about the 12th time per your instructions (as I had done the first 11 times) and still get the same results.

When I launch Toast for the first time after install I go through the setup assistant for Toast. It asks me for My Name, Company Name, and the CD Key. I enter all of it and then proceed with the following check mark screens. Upon completion I click "FINISH" and it pauses, then opens toast for Literally 1 second then it closes up. When I try to Reopen the application it again takes me to the setup assistant process, but THIS TIME where it had previously had a blank area for my CD KEY it has substituted a TSID # that reads "718362172331"... I have never seen this number before and do not know what it is.

I have been installing software on a Mac for 12 years and am certain that it is being installed correctly... there must be some other problem. Is there a conflict with communicating with Roxio's website for me to be able to use the software?

Shane

So, here's the way the problem ended up working out...

I totally restarted/reset my DSL modem and rebooted everything and it worked fine. I guess it had to clear itself and make a clean connection to the Roxio server. Also, I had to reset my browser just to be able to communicate with the Roxio site... never had that happen before either. I guess Roxio.com's servers are very particular about what/who they are talking to. I am currently using Bellsouth DSL (which sucks here I might add).

Still, I wasted a lot of time to find it was ultimately a simple solution.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Shane

Archived