after reinstalling emc7 I get a DAO error 1706

Karen Sue

Question

Can anyone please help me,I had to reformate my computer and reinstall emc7.When I try to launch the program i get a DAO box says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" click on try again,or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'DAO.msi' in the box below.In the box below under use source: it is /docume~1/owner/locals~1/temp/is342/. if i push ok or enter I get an error#1706 no valid source could be found for product DAO.The windows installer can not continue.

I don't even know what DAO is,I have never ran into this problem before as i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times before and have never ran into this box before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Karen

3 answers to this question

The missing dao.msi error has been around for quite a while and is usually caused by ATI or MS Office software programs that are installed. There are a lot of posts with suggestions if one searches for dao.msi in the search function up top. Here is one of the post that seems to have worked for many. If it doesn't help, do a search for more possible solutions.

Thankyou,thankyou,thank you !!! that worked purfectly! I did indeed have ati catylist all in wonder.I think last time I had roxio installed before the ati card and evrything worked great, but after having to put a new motherboard and hard drive on my dell and then installing windows and then the ati software lyed all my problems.

Thank you for your help.

Karen

Can anyone please help me,I had to reformate my computer and reinstall emc7.When I try to launch the program i get a DAO box says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" click on try again,or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'DAO.msi' in the box below.In the box below under use source: it is /docume~1/owner/locals~1/temp/is342/. if i push ok or enter I get an error#1706 no valid source could be found for product DAO.The windows installer can not continue.

I don't even know what DAO is,I have never ran into this problem before as i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times before and have never ran into this box before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Karen

The missing dao.msi error has been around for quite a while and is usually caused by ATI or MS Office software programs that are installed. There are a lot of posts with suggestions if one searches for dao.msi in the search function up top. Here is one of the post that seems to have worked for many. If it doesn't help, do a search for more possible solutions.

Thankyou,thankyou,thank you !!! that worked purfectly! I did indeed have ati catylist all in wonder.I think last time I had roxio installed before the ati card and evrything worked great, but after having to put a new motherboard and hard drive on my dell and then installing windows and then the ati software lyed all my problems.

Thank you for your help.

Karen

Happy to hear that worked and you're back in business. Have Fun and Good Luck. :)

Archived