• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

easy cd creator 4

djn

I hope someone can help me. I had Win ME with Easy CD Creator on my computer and backed up all my photos to cds prior to upgradind to Win XP. Now, I can no longer retrieve my photos from the cds. Roxio said to do an update. When trying to update, I found Easy CD Creator 4 updates are not available and version 5 will not work to update the software.

How can I get my photos back?

Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

As you found out - ECD4 will not work with XP - you need a newer version

What you could try is to use one of the commercial recovery programs (there's a free trial to see if they will work

cdroller and isobuster

Alternately, go back to the old computer and remake the CDs - but use Creator and finalise them - that way they will be readable in any computer

I no longer have Win ME loaded on my computer trying to find a friend that may have it. Is finalizing an option I need to select when creating the new cd? I vaguely remember how to use it.

I will try the recovery programs if no luck finding ME.

How hard is it to partition a hard drive and load Win ME & XP? This thought also crossed my mind but am hesitant that I will be unable to retrieve current photos. However, I am backing up to an external hard drive now!

Thank you.

Thanks.

This is a reaction that comes from having loads of old (if small) Hard Drives available (I volunteer refurbishing computers at interconnection.org), but if it were me, I'd put the second Operating Sytem on a separate Hard Drive. That way if one screws up, the other isn't impacted. I don't mean partition, I mean separate drive.

Lynn

Putting Win ME on a second hard drive sounds like a good idea because that OS was a little quirky from the get go. I have some computer knowledge but have admit I've don't have a lot of experience with how to do this.

Should the second hard drive be internal or will an external hard drive work? Will the computer ask which OS I would like to run at start up?

Thanks.

I would agree with the "Multiple Errors" version!

Since the hard drives seemed complicated, I opted to download cdroller. It looks like it is going to work! Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Everyone's help was greatly appreciated and I learned quite a bit. Just out of curiosity, if I ever decide to install a second hard drive with a different OS, will the computer ask which one to boot to at start up? Also, could a person load the same OS on the second hard drive and use as a back up disk? Maybe that's the whole purpose...I don't know.

I'm learning the hard way, but guess I'll remember it longer!! Thanks again!

If you add a second hard drive, all you need to do is make sure that it's set to slave (the one already there will be 'master')

You don't need to install the OS for backup - just move files to it. If you install a different OS, then you would use a boot manager to tell the computer which OS to boot

Archived