• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Importing Dvds Created By A Vrd-vc20

william_foss

Question

I have a DVD that was created by a Sony VRD-VC20. This is a DVD burner that can burn DVDs directly from a camcorder.

I have been unable to get MyDVD to import the videos from the disk. When I choose "Add New Movie", I can see the .ifo and .vob files in the file browser window that opens up but when I select the .vob or .ifo (or both) files, no movies appear in the "Import Movies from VOB" window that opens. Likewise when I choose "Capture/Import", I can select the drive however no movies appear.

The disk is good -- it plays on a regular DVD player and was able to copy all the .IFO and .VOB files off the DVD onto a hard drive.

Any ideas on what is going on?

7 answers to this question

ggrussell, foss,

I too have a Liteon DVD recorder as ggrussell. But, I have the exact problems as Mr Foss. Media Import shows an empty box. Cineplayer plays from the same drive. MyDVD says no editable disk. After editing attempt.

I see that ggrussell has a 3GHz computer. I am running an 800MHz Duron. I'm hoping that the software does not care what cpu I use. Roxio's minimum, calls for 1.6GHz. Mr Foss do you have fast enough CPU? If not so, I may have to purchase a new CPU.

You must use Media Import to transfer the video to the hard drive as an MPEG 2. The disc must be finalized in the recorder.

Some of the set top recorders use the DVD VR format. In this case, open MyDVD and under FILE , select 'EDIT DVD DISC'. .

I have a Liteon DVD recorder that I recorder directly from my Sony TRV740. I have no problems using Media Import with those discs. DVD+R media seems to work better in it. When I use DVD-R media, I have to finalize the burn everytime. With DVD+R media, I don't.

ggrussell, foss,

I too have a Liteon DVD recorder as ggrussell. But, I have the exact problems as Mr Foss. Media Import shows an empty box. Cineplayer plays from the same drive. MyDVD says no editable disk. After editing attempt.

I see that ggrussell has a 3GHz computer. I am running an 800MHz Duron. I'm hoping that the software does not care what cpu I use. Roxio's minimum, calls for 1.6GHz. Mr Foss do you have fast enough CPU? If not so, I may have to purchase a new CPU.

EMC 8 does "care" what kind of CPU you have. If your have looked at the requirements you see that your cpu is below minimum at least for video work.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Media Import doesn't think there are any videos on the disk. It briefly shows the message "Selected Location does not contain content for this project type" and then displays an empty list box that looks like it is designed to show all the videos on the disk. I have tried all the project types.

Attempting "Edit DVD Disc", I got the message "No editable disk was found".

The disk is a DVD+R and it is finalized. CinePlayer is able to play the disk.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Launch Media Import

Insert your disc

Click on video tab

If the drive shows up, then the disc is being read properly and you should see the movies listed below that.

If nothing shows up, then the disc is not being properly recognized for some reason. Odd that Cineplayer will play it from the same drive though. Don't have any other suggestions since you seem to be doing the correct steps.

post-49-1140239448.jpg

EMC 8 does "care" what kind of CPU you have. If your have looked at the requirements you see that your cpu is below minimum at least for video work.

Below spec, yes but that has no bearing on the problem.

However, texasaero needs to list the specifics of his problem, as it probably is not anywhere the same as william_foss's…

In fact is would be nicer if he posted as a new topic rather than graft onto this one.

I too have a Liteon DVD recorder as ggrussell. .

Check the Liteon website. Although I just purchased mine, there was a firmware update and an update to the software in the recorder. The files are images you burn to a CD and insert into the Liteon. Just follow the prompts on the screen. Very easy.

Archived