• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Searching In The New Look Forums

tom1805

Question

How do I access previous information via Search? For example, entering "prefupdate" or "audio sync problems" or "rotate" into the Search box gives zero hits. I find it impossible to believe that all the valuable experience that this site contains has simply been thrown away, so I am obviously doing something wrong - what is it?

7 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
. I find it impossible to believe that all the valuable experience that this site contains has simply been thrown away,

Unfortunately, it has been thrown away.

Many of the solutions are in the "Roxio Knowledgebase".

Some of us have kept notes on our personal computers about some solutions. Unfortunately, we couldn't save it all, so some of it is in our heads.

Unfortunately, it has been thrown away.

Many of the solutions are in the "Roxio Knowledgebase".

Some of us have kept notes on our personal computers about some solutions. Unfortunately, we couldn't save it all, so some of it is in our heads.

Oh dear!!! Over the past year I have come to regard this forum as the best and most reliable source of Roxio information. You might not like the answer given but what you can be sure of is that it is the best answer that you are likely find.

Looking on the optimistic side, it soon became obvious to me that a lot of the questions get asked time after time so, with a bit of luck, they'll get asked again and we'll get a new collection of answers. I notice that audio synch problems haven't taken long to reappear!

I'll tell you what's bullsh#t! Roxio's support. This will be the last time I ever buy a Roxio product. What has the computer industy come to? You call them and they want to charge you by the incident?!?! You get a minimal instructional book, the usual online help guide thats as useful as the manual, and thats it. Finally they had a decent support forums and now have deleted most of what was there. THIS WILL BE THE LAST ROXIO PRODUCT I EVER BUY!!!!! :)

I'll tell you what's bullsh#t! Roxio's support. This will be the last time I ever buy a Roxio product. What has the computer industy come to? You call them and they want to charge you by the incident?!?! You get a minimal instructional book, the usual online help guide thats as useful as the manual, and thats it. Finally they had a decent support forums and now have deleted most of what was there. THIS WILL BE THE LAST ROXIO PRODUCT I EVER BUY!!!!! :)

Oh dear - and Nero has no Forums at all!!

I guess you won't be buying any more new software at all ...?

Lynn

Oh dear!!! Over the past year I have come to regard this forum as the best and most reliable source of Roxio information. You might not like the answer given but what you can be sure of is that it is the best answer that you are likely find.

Looking on the optimistic side, it soon became obvious to me that a lot of the questions get asked time after time so, with a bit of luck, they'll get asked again and we'll get a new collection of answers. I notice that audio synch problems haven't taken long to reappear!

Try google; click on "cache" below the result.

for audio synch problems, this is one result:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:6Nj3W16...+problems&hl=en

Lynn

Guest mlpasley
How do I access previous information via Search? For example, entering "prefupdate" or "audio sync problems" or "rotate" into the Search box gives zero hits. I find it impossible to believe that all the valuable experience that this site contains has simply been thrown away, so I am obviously doing something wrong - what is it?

You cannot information before January 1, 2006. However, most solutions are already in the Roxio Knowledgebase or Ask Roxanne.

If you're having a specific problem, we'll be glad to give you our amateur help. The professional help is available under Contact - Roxio Tech Support.

Rotation of photos can be done with this program. Rotation of video is limited because 90 or 180 degrees is not exact. Many people use other programs like Windows Movie Maker to do the rotation.

Audio sync problems are a bit more tricky, but there are suggestions in the knowledgebase.

You cannot information before January 1, 2006. However, most solutions are already in the Roxio Knowledgebase or Ask Roxanne.

If you're having a specific problem, we'll be glad to give you our amateur help. The professional help is available under Contact - Roxio Tech Support.

Rotation of photos can be done with this program. Rotation of video is limited because 90 or 180 degrees is not exact. Many people use other programs like Windows Movie Maker to do the rotation.

Audio sync problems are a bit more tricky, but there are suggestions in the knowledgebase.

I've actually had some small luck using Googles' cache function for some info. Example

You need to be very specific and can't drill down past the shown page but sometimes, you get lucky enough to see the answers.

Archived