Drag To Disk Blocks Windows Explorer Copying

charliej5

Question

I am puzzled and come to you for your assistance. Thank you in advance.

I am using EMC V8.05. I have 2 media drives, a CDRW/DVDRom and a DVDRW drive. Windows XP (Home)SP@ with all updates, 3.0ghz, 400 gb hard drive and 1 gb ram. PC is new and is a Dell 5150.

As received from Dell, unit had only the CDRW/DVDRom drive. There was no problem with EMC at this point. I took the DVDRW from the old PC and placed it in the new machine. Both drives jumpers are "cable select."

Now when I wish to use Windows Explorer and copy by dragging to the CD or DVD drive, EMC Drag to Disk takes over.

How can I get my system back so that Drag to Disk does not interfere?

Again, many thanks for any assistance.

4 answers to this question

I am using EMC V8.05. I have 2 media drives, a CDRW/DVDRom and a DVDRW drive. Windows XP (Home)SP@ with all updates, 3.0ghz, 400 gb hard drive and 1 gb ram. PC is new and is a Dell 5150.

As received from Dell, unit had only the CDRW/DVDRom drive. There was no problem with EMC at this point. I took the DVDRW from the old PC and placed it in the new machine. Both drives jumpers are "cable select."

Now when I wish to use Windows Explorer and copy by dragging to the CD or DVD drive, EMC Drag to Disk takes over.

Hope this helps...

you can uninstall that component by using the Control Panel, Add/Remove Apps. Got to emc and select change. Then modifiy. Unselect Drag to Disc, let it uninstall, then close add & remove, and control panel, then reboot and that should restore it back to normal.

In addition to what Neil said, if you want to Keep Drag to Disc on your computer, you can just disable it through msconfig.

Drag to Disc and the Windows Explorer version of copying to disks are not the same. Explorer is a session writing software like Creator Classic, but the Windows Explorer version can only write to CD, not DVD.

D2D is packet writing software and should never be used to backup important data. It should only be used for immediate transfer of data from one computer to another. I don't install it on my computer.

In addition to what Neil said, if you want to Keep Drag to Disc on your computer, you can just disable it through msconfig.

Drag to Disc and the Windows Explorer version of copying to disks are not the same. Explorer is a session writing software like Creator Classic, but the Windows Explorer version can only write to CD, not DVD.

D2D is packet writing software and should never be used to backup important data. It should only be used for immediate transfer of data from one computer to another. I don't install it on my computer.

Good morning Neil and Bruce:

Thank you both for your capable assistance.

For now, I did disable D2D using msconfig. However, unless I find some compelling reason not to, I will uninstall D@D as Neil outlined.

Once again, many thanks.

Best regards,

Charlie

Archived