Mydvd8 Makes My Computer Crash

revbbatfbc

Question

I just purchased an HP Pavilion a1310n - with XP Media Center. It was working fine until I installed the Roxio Suite 8. I was using MyDVD6 which came bundled on the system with success. I wanted more that was promised with the upgrade (that is another story). I have removed all Sonic programs. I have repaired the Roxio Suite. I still have the same problem.

While in MyDVD8:

1. A choose add new movie

2. I find the directory which has family videos on my DVD drive

3. I select all IFO and VOB files and click Open

4. A checkbox appears in which I choose all and then OK

5. The screen goes back to the project. Pictures of the titles appear briefly, sometimes they make it all the way to the project screen. and then ...

CRASH - everything goes black. The computer reboots. When it returns a message appears asking me to send the information for analysis. From what the screen tells me, this is a stop error. The details sent are:

BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: FFFFFFE0 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:805363C6 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256_1

MyDVD is the reason I bought this program. What should I do?

If the program does not work, Why should I have to pay another $35 to get it to work?

7 answers to this question

The last time I looked, EMC 8 doesn't recognize the VOB files as mpg2 files. Apparently this is by design; not a bug. Many people have success by simply renaming the files from "FileName".VOB to "FileName. mpg. In MyDVD, import only those VOB files (not the IFO files).

If you want to do some editing of the movies before burning them, make the name change. Open VideoWave and add the mpg files to the storyboard. Switch to timeline and edit them there. You may use only one of the mpg files or you may want to add several related (by date, topic, etc.).

The manual is pdf has just been posted so you may want to take some time with that also.

I just purchased an HP Pavilion a1310n - with XP Media Center. It was working fine until I installed the Roxio Suite 8. I was using MyDVD6 which came bundled on the system with success. I wanted more that was promised with the upgrade (that is another story). I have removed all Sonic programs. I have repaired the Roxio Suite. I still have the same problem.

While in MyDVD8:

1. A choose add new movie

2. I find the directory which has family videos on my DVD drive

3. I select all IFO and VOB files and click Open

4. A checkbox appears in which I choose all and then OK

5. The screen goes back to the project. Pictures of the titles appear briefly, sometimes they make it all the way to the project screen. and then ...

CRASH - everything goes black. The computer reboots. When it returns a message appears asking me to send the information for analysis. From what the screen tells me, this is a stop error. The details sent are:

BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: FFFFFFE0 BCP2:00000002 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:805363C6 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256_1

MyDVD is the reason I bought this program. What should I do?

If the program does not work, Why should I have to pay another $35 to get it to work?

IFrom your first post I thought that you had copied the files to your computer. If they are still on a disc, just capture the video from that drive.

My DVD 6 was a Sonic program; this MyDVD is more of a Roxio program. Not all new things are progress in the right direction.

So what you are saying is that I need to first copy the DVD files on to my hard drive. Then I rename them. Then I can use them?

MyDVD6 accepted them immediately. Why would this be a step forward?

Archived