• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can You Edit-burn Within A Track On A Cd When Burning?

mhstudio1701

Question

I am just getting into burning CD's and I called Roxio before I bought Toast wanting to make sure it was possible to edit-burn within a track on a CD when burning. They told me I could, but looking at the manual and going through the software, I don't see how to do it. What I want to know is, is it possible to burn in the middle of a track by starting or fading into your favorite part of music or track and then stopping or fade out of the track before it ends? Is this possible with Toast 7? Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions as how to do this or, if it is not possible with Toast, suggest a software I can use to do this? I am on the Mac, so the software would have to be mac compatible. Thanks

6 answers to this question

you can edit sound just not in toast and no you dont need Jam. You can use SoundStudio (comes free with some macs) or audacity, which i s free online. Those are both just simple sound wave editors. Just import your cd tracks as Aiff and import into one of those apps. Edit out what you dont want, or add if need be. Add your fade out, which is an effect in both programs, save and export as aiff, and import into toast.

As for crossfades. I could tell you how to do it for free, but its way too much hassle and I do recomend jam for that fuction since it does the crossfades and track sepearation all in 1 program.

Toast 7 cannot do any editing. What you describe seems ideal for Roxio's Jam 6 which is designed for doing audio CD fade ins, outs and crossfades. It also burns the audio CDs. If you only were getting Toast for audio CDs you might want to take advantage of Roxio's 15-day refund policy. They should have recommended Jam 6 instead.

Toast 7 cannot do any editing. What you describe seems ideal for Roxio's Jam 6 which is designed for doing audio CD fade ins, outs and crossfades. It also burns the audio CDs. If you only were getting Toast for audio CDs you might want to take advantage of Roxio's 15-day refund policy. They should have recommended Jam 6 instead.

Thanks for the response. Sorry about the long delay. I have been unavailable. I bought Toast 7 imediately after it came out so it is too late to return it. Guess I really got screwed. Jam 6 sounds idea, but it cost around $100.00 bucks--too high for me right now. Do you happen to know of any other free software (from the web) or lower priced software--a good one for the mac--that would do the same thing?

Michael

you can edit sound just not in toast and no you dont need Jam. You can use SoundStudio (comes free with some macs) or audacity, which i s free online. Those are both just simple sound wave editors. Just import your cd tracks as Aiff and import into one of those apps. Edit out what you dont want, or add if need be. Add your fade out, which is an effect in both programs, save and export as aiff, and import into toast.

As for crossfades. I could tell you how to do it for free, but its way too much hassle and I do recomend jam for that fuction since it does the crossfades and track sepearation all in 1 program.

Thanks! I searched my mac and didn't find SoundStudio. Do you have info as to how I can find SoundStudio and Audacity?

just go to http://www.versiontracker.com (a great website where can find any program to do almost anything) and look it up. if you dont have sound studio, no need to buy it, audacity has what you need. how you do a fade out in audacity is select the area of the wave where you want the fade out to occor. The bigger the selection, the longer the fade out. By then youll have junk audio at the end of the file that is left over from the original. just select the stuff you dont want, and press delete. then save, the the new fille to taost and burn

Archived