Burning Problem

cowboy1725

Question

I have been using EMC 7.0 for almost a year and a half. I have been burning DVD's without too many problems, mostly just home video that I wanted to convert. I have done one or two that I have edited. In that time I have made nearly 60 dvd's. About two weeks ago, when I was trying to convert a home video (mpeg) onto a dvd I got an error message - "Overall status: Error - burning image to disc (Creator burning) - Error Code=0x80004005". I have tried everything I can think of: adware, spyware, antivirus, I have uninstalled and reinstalled EMC 7.0, I have downloaded the latest software update from the Roxio website. None of this has worked. I am still getting the same error message when I try to burn the disc. I have tried to use different discs, I have updated the driver for my burner and I have tried to re-capture the video - but nothing has worked. All I can find on the web and roxio website is that the software update should fix it - which it has not. Does anyone know of anything I can try?

Thanks,

P4, 2.4Ghz

640 mb ram

8x nec nd2510a dvd burner

windows xp - sp2 with latest updates from 2/12/06

7 answers to this question

It's really not that unusual to get a spindle of media disks that won't burn correctly. I have run into that problem with several different brands of media. For some reason I find Memorex media to be terrible. Out of a spindle of 25 I found about 1/3 of them that would not burn right. I also purchased a spindle of 25 from a computer show I went to and absolutely none of them were any good. That won't happen again. Another thing that I ran into was buying a spindle (4.7GB +R) of what I thought were the better media, I found that several in the pack were only 700MB CD-r disks. That was TDK brand. I still use TDK and Verbatim exclusively and rarely find a problem. All of my LightScribe and Verbatim DL media has worked great so far.

Frank..........

I have been using EMC 7.0 for almost a year and a half. I have been burning DVD's without too many problems, mostly just home video that I wanted to convert. I have done one or two that I have edited. In that time I have made nearly 60 dvd's. About two weeks ago, when I was trying to convert a home video (mpeg) onto a dvd I got an error message - "Overall status: Error - burning image to disc (Creator burning) - Error Code=0x80004005". I have tried everything I can think of: adware, spyware, antivirus, I have uninstalled and reinstalled EMC 7.0, I have downloaded the latest software update from the Roxio website. None of this has worked. I am still getting the same error message when I try to burn the disc. I have tried to use different discs, I have updated the driver for my burner and I have tried to re-capture the video - but nothing has worked. All I can find on the web and roxio website is that the software update should fix it - which it has not. Does anyone know of anything I can try?

Thanks,

P4, 2.4Ghz

640 mb ram

8x nec nd2510a dvd burner

windows xp - sp2 with latest updates from 2/12/06

This might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;306518

Well - I ended up solving my own problem. I realized that I started running into this error around the same time that I started using a new spindle of DVD-R (50 pack). These are the exact same ones that I have been using for the last 6-8 months. Same brand, same speed, etc. I have tried to use 9 discs off the spindle - all taken from different spots on the spindle - none worked. Last night I bought a new spindle of discs from another manufacturer (sony) and put one in. It burned with no problems. I don't know why the other discs did not work, but it was apparently a bad batch of discs. Anyway - I have burned two discs already and looks good to go.

Well - I ended up solving my own problem. I realized that I started running into this error around the same time that I started using a new spindle of DVD-R (50 pack). These are the exact same ones that I have been using for the last 6-8 months. Same brand, same speed, etc. I have tried to use 9 discs off the spindle - all taken from different spots on the spindle - none worked. Last night I bought a new spindle of discs from another manufacturer (sony) and put one in. It burned with no problems. I don't know why the other discs did not work, but it was apparently a bad batch of discs. Anyway - I have burned two discs already and looks good to go.

What brand were the bad discs?

Guest mlpasley
Last night I bought a new spindle of discs from another manufacturer (sony) and put one in.

You might want to go to your computer/dvd burner manufacturer's website and see if they have any updates for that burner.

It's possible that the DVDs are now being made by a different company (even if they look identical to the original ones) and the DVD burner is having difficulty reading the disks. Sometimes an update will cure that problem.

DVDInfoPro (ships with Easy Media Creator, or you can get a free version from http://www.dvdinfopro.com) will tell you interesting things about your DVDs or CDs.

Pop a disc in the drive, run DVDInfoPro, and click on the Media button to get information about the disc in the drive. Compare the results you get from your old and new discs, and you'll see any differences between the batches.

Archived