• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

drbgaijin

Projects are Empty!

Question

Woops, after a few days away from DVDit I just tried going back to a project to make some adjustments.

Any .dvi files I have tried to open are opening empty!

As far as I know all the media is still present at the same location etc.

There are no error messages appearing when the projects are opening - just nothing appears to be loaded.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Douglas

4 answers to this question

I have been able to get this error message while trying various ways to open the Projects

"This application has failed to start because sonicmpgvout.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I tried a REPAIR, but that did not help.

Do I have to uninstall DVDitPro HD completely then re-install?

Will my projects still be available or will they be overwritten during the re-install?

Regards,

Douglas

don't know if your projects will reappear, but the sonicmpgvout.dll can be found in the program files > roxio > DVDit Pro HD directory. if you copy that file into program files > common > Roxio >dll shared it should resolve that issue of not opening.

don't know if your projects will reappear, but the sonicmpgvout.dll can be found in the program files > roxio > DVDit Pro HD directory. if you copy that file into program files > common > Roxio >dll shared it should resolve that issue of not opening.

Thank you for your quick response, Scott.

I will try that later today

Douglas

FWIW I had exactly this problem. It turned out that there was a resource that wasn't available included in the project. In my case it was an mp3 shared over the network from a file share box, and the file share box was turned off.

This was incredibly frustrating. There should be an error message or something to let you know a file couldn't be found. The developers choice to load a default new project and give no error message cost me about 4 hours.