• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Activation

Kermit1

Question

When I started ECM9 and Videowave, the software asked me to activate MPG-2 codec. However, when I followed the activation prompt, I received an "Invalid Product Key" error. I tried the offline activation method suggested by the Roxio knowledgebase, I don't see the 25 characters product key in orange. So that I wasn't able to copy the key and have the activation server generate another set of key for me to activate the MPG-2 codec.

I am really stuck. Can someone help?

Unfortunately, it does not clear up the activation problems. I have tried the clean uninstall/reinstall/registry evisceration, etc. multiple times now and have reached the extreme frustration that many others seem to have on these fora. Is there anything new on a solution? Thanks.

Try the steps in this post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12074

When it runs the Product Activation thing where it access Roxio's server, it comes back with, "Invalid Product Key" and when you try to do offline activation, no product key is shown in orange text in that window. Thus, I am left without a way to activate the MPEG-2 codec. Thanks.

BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR UPGRADE...ROXIO SUCKS

Unfortunately, it does not clear up the activation problems. I have tried the clean uninstall/reinstall/registry evisceration, etc. multiple times now and have reached the extreme frustration that many others seem to have on these fora. Is there anything new on a solution? Thanks.

what exactly is the error you got?

I never experienced this activation problem until I installed Ashampoo Clip Fisher ( a program for saving internet video clips). To cut a long story short I tried the offline activation suggested but could never find the "25 digit activation code". Not being able to find a definitive answer from Roxio - there's a surprise! So then I tried the clean install method ( a sledgehammer to crack a nut springs to mind!). Anyway after 2-3 hours I reinstalled and lo and behold the problem was solved.

Whilst I accept that my problem was caused by another program I would have thought the fact that there is a forum section devoted to just this problem and the number of hits on John's suggestion, over 10,000, for overcoming the activation problem, which doesn't appear to work, at least I could find no one who said it did, Roxio would have come up with a better fix than a clean install and all that involves. I am a fan of EMC but the support that Roxio gives falls short.

When I started ECM9 and Videowave, the software asked me to activate MPG-2 codec. However, when I followed the activation prompt, I received an "Invalid Product Key" error. I tried the offline activation method suggested by the Roxio knowledgebase, I don't see the 25 characters product key in orange. So that I wasn't able to copy the key and have the activation server generate another set of key for me to activate the MPG-2 codec.

You can add me to the list of people that are experiencing the "Invalid Product Key" error. I've submitted help tickets to the online response team and have had no luck. I've used the clean install, I've disabled all antivirus software, I've tried offline activation (don't see the 25 character key), I've tried the emc9drmv patch... I've tried everything on this site. To make matters more frustrating, the online response team doesn't read your previous case history. I've gotten the exact same response, verbatim, three consecutive times after responding that the previous suggestion did not work.

This is ridiculous. I quit. And I'm never buying a Roxio product again.

I am just wondering if you are still having this problem or if it went away?

I am having this problem and all suggestins dont hrlp

i cant see the 25 digit code in orange print

i think this product ia lemon!!!

I have the same problem with the activation. it says "invalid product key" with internet connection and no numbers generated for the manual one.

have you had any luck yet with this???

KAren

Tony, I was getting the same activation issue - invalid product key - and the MIA orange product key that you're supposed to type in to activate - I think you are stuck with the 'two-hour registry key cleanup' as someone else suggested - that fixed my problem. See my post titled MPEG-2 activation fix.

This situation seems to be triggered by things like adding another DVD authoring tool after the Roxio install, or another DVD player tool, etc. In my situation, the Roxio product would'nt activate, but it was the Sonic Cine player that gummed up the works.

I cannot believe that the first posts on this were back in May/June 2007, and Roxio has yet to post a patch or clear and precise solution to the problem - every post I've read says what customer support suggests is DOA.

I was desperate, having done a clean install to fix the problem then loading some Ulead software which promply broke the Roxio software again.

I figured if a clean install works, then there has to be something hanging around the system that was buggering up the works - turned out to be the Cine player leaves a bunch of crap in the registry that an unload and reload of Roxio cannot fix.

what exactly is the error you got?

When it runs the Product Activation thing where it access Roxio's server, it comes back with, "Invalid Product Key" and when you try to do offline activation, no product key is shown in orange text in that window. Thus, I am left without a way to activate the MPEG-2 codec. Thanks.

Tony, I was getting the same activation issue - invalid product key - and the MIA orange product key that you're supposed to type in to activate - I think you are stuck with the 'two-hour registry key cleanup' as someone else suggested - that fixed my problem. See my post titled MPEG-2 activation fix.

This situation seems to be triggered by things like adding another DVD authoring tool after the Roxio install, or another DVD player tool, etc. In my situation, the Roxio product would'nt activate, but it was the Sonic Cine player that gummed up the works.

I cannot believe that the first posts on this were back in May/June 2007, and Roxio has yet to post a patch or clear and precise solution to the problem - every post I've read says what customer support suggests is DOA.

I was desperate, having done a clean install to fix the problem then loading some Ulead software which promply broke the Roxio software again.

I figured if a clean install works, then there has to be something hanging around the system that was buggering up the works - turned out to be the Cine player leaves a bunch of crap in the registry that an unload and reload of Roxio cannot fix.

You can get the EMC 9.1 patch, here.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27547

I don't know if it clears up the activation problem, though.

:angry2: I was happy with emc9 until I had to uninstall and tried to re-install! I received an "Invalid Product Key" error just like a bunch of other folks posting here! Tech support was of no use since I bought it at the store and not online. I am frustrated and will never purchase ANYTHING Roxio makes.

I have exactly the same problem and was corresponding with Roxio tech support for the past 4 months and the only advice given was to re-install EMC. Yesterday I got an e-mail from tech support and this is what it says:

"Something on your computer is blocking the mpeg 2 activation. This is usually caused by installation problems or corruption in the registry.

If you are still having issues with activation you may want to consider upgrading to Easy Media Creator 10. We have fixed this issue in Creator 10 by removing the mpeg 2 activation.

We recommend you contact us to find out what your upgrade options are.

Our staff will be happy to help;

Call toll free 1-866-280-ROXI (7694) Select Option 1 for Inside Sales

International : 1-905-482-2000

Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support"

I also just tried the "off-line" activation method without success.

The "25 digit product key listed in orange", is not there.

Is there another place to look?

mac

...add me to the list, I've tried the offline activation method with no success.

The kicker here, however, was that I bought the Easy Media Creator 9 suite a few weeks ago and was able to use it up until today when, out of nowhere, it asked for a product activation request.

HELP!

A lot depends on just what codecs you may need (and believe me there are a LOT)

I use these ones myself (get the full pack - it's the same price :lol: )

so what you are saying is...i can go download at that site the full pack of codec installs and it will solve this problem with roxio asking me to activate mpeg 2 codec??? and if this is so..which one do you actually suggest to fix the problem? you said you get the full pack but which one just to make sure i do it correctly? thank you

You can get the EMC 9.1 patch, here.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27547

I don't know if it clears up the activation problem, though.

Funny how this has happened to a lot of people. Same problem happened to myself. Roxio support asked me to do a clean install. So, I went and uninstalled Easy Media Creator 9 as per their instructions because they said that the previous version of Easy Media Creator 8 was not uninstalled properly and creating conflicts. When I re-installed Easy Media Creator 9, the product activation screen did not come back on when I went to use CinePlayer. It still does not allow me to play DVD's. I need to install the codec's to play DVD's. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be done?

Thanks

Frank :angry:

John this seems to be an on going issue for a number of people.

I have tried all of the things listed in this forum except the 2 hour registry clean suggested in one of the posts as recommend by roxio support.

The last post here suggests loading a third party codec pack, this seems to make a lot of sense.

Can you give us the low down here will this work or is this issue more to do with product activation as suggested in something else I read about a requirement of thrird party relationships.

I have loaded and run the activation fix and patch from sonic has this likely made things worse

I have wasted at least 3-4 hours on this already as many others have.

At this point it's eaiser for me just to give up and go out and by another vendors product, I would rather stick with roxio, so what do you think.

Peter

The codecs are nothing to do with the activation (just for playing files for which WMP doesn't have the codecs). There are three packs - basic, standard and full (each with more codecs than the earlier ones) but they do have a full list on the website

I never had the activation problem myself, but others have said that it does happen to them - won't activate then it suddenly does (I can't recall if it was after a series of clean installs to be honest) but it has been a problem with a lot of people. If you go to the forum home page and use the search box, youi will see a lot of posts on this (and some with reports of how they fixed it)

Archived