How To Show Video In Slow Motion

cwillou@aol.com

Question

I am bringing .avi files into VideoWave (I have EMC 7.5) and need to show some of the clips in slow motion. I did a search and it says that I should be able to do this with TimeWarp. The instructions say to bring in the file, then double click on it in Storyline and then some icons should appear in Preview mode.

When I double click on a video clip in storyline, it only brings up a Video Trimmer window. Can anyone tell me how I can have selected video clips in slow motion ? Thank you, Cathy

5 answers to this question

You are welcome. Have you tried it, and if so, did it do what you wanted it to do?

I just came back to this site with another request for help which I will be posting shortly and noticed you had left me a question. Sorry that it took me so long to respond.. In answer, yes, your suggestion helped and does exactly what I need. I am making a basketball highlights video for my daughter and it's really cool to show some shots in slow-mo.

Also, your instructions were to drop the video into Storyline mode, then hop to Timeline mode to perform the actual editing to slow down the video. I found out by accident that your suggestion to right click and use "Adjust" also works in Storyline mode as well. Thought I'd pass that along.

Thanks again, Cathy

I just came back to this site with another request for help which I will be posting shortly and noticed you had left me a question. Sorry that it took me so long to respond.. In answer, yes, your suggestion helped and does exactly what I need. I am making a basketball highlights video for my daughter and it's really cool to show some shots in slow-mo.

Also, your instructions were to drop the video into Storyline mode, then hop to Timeline mode to perform the actual editing to slow down the video. I found out by accident that your suggestion to right click and use "Adjust" also works in Storyline mode as well. Thought I'd pass that along.

Thanks again, Cathy

You are welcome, again. :) I am glad that it worked the way you wanted it to. It is pretty cool.

I knew about the right-click in Storyline, too, but thanks for passing that on. I am a creature of habit, and I do most of the fun work in Timeline view.

I am bringing .avi files into VideoWave (I have EMC 7.5) and need to show some of the clips in slow motion. I did a search and it says that I should be able to do this with TimeWarp. The instructions say to bring in the file, then double click on it in Storyline and then some icons should appear in Preview mode.

When I double click on a video clip in storyline, it only brings up a Video Trimmer window. Can anyone tell me how I can have selected video clips in slow motion ? Thank you, Cathy

Drop your video into Storyline, then open Timeline. In Timeline, right click on your video, select Edit, then Adjust. At the top right of the screen, you should see a Speed slider. Play with that to get the motion that you want.

Drop your video into Storyline, then open Timeline. In Timeline, right click on your video, select Edit, then Adjust. At the top right of the screen, you should see a Speed slider. Play with that to get the motion that you want.

Thank you so much for the amazingly fast and helpful response. I really appreciate your help..

Archived