• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deleting section between markers

Barbara J.

Question

Hi - HELP

I would very much like to delete some sections of my home videos before I burn them to DVD and I cannot delete between the markers.

In the MYDVD help center it says:

Add a marker at the beginning and end of the section to be deleted.

Click the marker at the beginning of the section

Press Ctrl and click the marker at the end of the section

On the Timeline marker track, click - (minus).

Simple instructions but I cannot make it work - I accidently made it work once but don't know what I did and cannot do it again!!

HELP

Thanks, Barbara *******.***

[/email]

Edit: I masked the email tp prevent spamming of the address. -- malatekid

11 answers to this question

Just so there is no confusion. The 'minus' sign removes selected marker. The Delete Icon looks like _X_ and is to the right of the '+'. See attached.

I am still the "old school". Move to where I want to split, right click, hit split, move to the end point, and repeat. Highlight the portion to be deleted, right click, click on delete. Gone. :)

First thing I teach people when using a computer - LEARN how that program works because they never work the way YOU THINK it should. If you follow the steps EXACTLY, it works.

Move the BLUE LINE to start of commercial. Click the +

Move the BLUE LINE to the end of the Commercial. Click the +.

Click between them and they should be connected by a thick orange line.

Then Click the _X_ icon.

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CLICK THE MOUSE ANYWHERE BETWEEN THESE STEPS. That changes the 'focus' of what you are doing.

-------

The old way:

Move the BLUE LINE to the start of the commercial, Click split.

You now have two clips and the FIRST one is still selected (that's why you couldn't do the second split).

Click once on the second split and it should have a thin yellow line around it.

NOW move the Blue line to the end and hit SPLIT again.

You should have 3 clips.

The second one should still be selected. Hit the delete key.

Hey thanks, the first method worked. I couldnt get the second method to work though.

But now that I have deleted the first commercial, I cannot get the video to play so that I can delete the rest of the commercials. I must have done something wrong. Maybe I "saved" it and that was the wrong thing to do. Any ideas?? Thanks

Clcik anywhere between the two marked sections

The above will do it for each section you want removed.

Thank you so very much!! So simple!!

I'm having big problems deleting between markers. I followed the instructions in this thread to the letter and it worked fine once. However, now when I set up two markers and delete between them using the _x_ key I get a very odd result:

The selected portion of video is not deleted at all. However, the sound immediately preceding my intended cut disappears i.e.

Video is of boy scoring a goal with cheering in background, then shows boy missing an open goal with laughter in the background, then see referee blowing final whistle.

If I put a marker either side of the missed open goal and press _x_, (intending to cut out the open goal) the following happens on playback:

The boy scores the goal, but without any sound, then shows boy missing goal with laughter in the background and then shows referee and final whistle is heard being blown.

What is going on?

I'm playing with a 5 gig videofile. I have Windows Vista, Intel Quadcore processor, Nvidia 8800 GTX graphics card, 2 gig memory

Thanks!

Ste UK

Just so there is no confusion. The 'minus' sign removes selected marker. The Delete Icon looks like _X_ and is to the right of the '+'. See attached.

I have tried all of the above and cannot get the unwanted section deleted. I am able to get the line between the two markers, but when I click on the red X, the entire remainder of the file deletes, and I am left with only the material on the timelime prior to the markers.

I tried right-clicking , then clicking split, and I get a message box saying "cannot split currently selected item. Make sure the position indicator is positioned over the selection, or select the right item to split". So I can never get to the point wherer I could "highlight the portion to be deleted"

I'm pretty exasperated with this software, since I bought it so I could edit commercials out, and burn my TV programs to DVD

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whodatt59

First thing I teach people when using a computer - LEARN how that program works because they never work the way YOU THINK it should. If you follow the steps EXACTLY, it works.

Move the BLUE LINE to start of commercial. Click the +

Move the BLUE LINE to the end of the Commercial. Click the +.

Click between them and they should be connected by a thick orange line.

Then Click the _X_ icon.

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CLICK THE MOUSE ANYWHERE BETWEEN THESE STEPS. That changes the 'focus' of what you are doing.

-------

The old way:

Move the BLUE LINE to the start of the commercial, Click split.

You now have two clips and the FIRST one is still selected (that's why you couldn't do the second split).

Click once on the second split and it should have a thin yellow line around it.

NOW move the Blue line to the end and hit SPLIT again.

You should have 3 clips.

The second one should still be selected. Hit the delete key.

Hi - HELP

I would very much like to delete some sections of my home videos before I burn them to DVD and I cannot delete between the markers.

In the MYDVD help center it says:

Click the marker at the beginning of the section

Press Ctrl and click the marker at the end of the section

Simple instructions but I cannot make it work - I accidently made it work once but don't know what I did and cannot do it again!!

HELP

Thanks, Barbara ******.*****

Clcik anywhere between the two marked sections

The above will do it for each section you want removed.

Archived