• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Not Enough Room On Destination Disc

chiefmsb

Question

while using any of the dvd burning software i get the same error when it goes to burn it says not enough room on destination disk. nothing else is running, no other burning software loaded. if i change the project settings to enable it to fit on a disc that seems to give the error. help.

16 answers to this question

Then what the heck does Fit to Disc do?? In freeware programs, it automatically adjusts the compression so the finished product will fit to disk (hence the name!) - I used DVDShrink to create a DVD that has all 3 episodes of The Triangle on it (4.5 hrs!!!) and it worked perfectly, plus the recompression engine in DVDShrink is exceptional!

Why is it that a commercial product can't offer similar (or much better, since you are PAYING for it) features?? Even Adobe Encore (another expensive commercial product) will not resize any video you import - it MUST be the exact same size as your output format is! (a warning to potential purchasers of Encore!)

Free programs are usually wrote to do one specific thing, because good one's were not available for them either. There are no do it all everything best program out there. It seems the more they try to do the worst they get and problems occur. Since you have found one of the best don't quit there are many more that do things better at that one specific task. Imgburn is another good example.

cdanteek

You are correct in that fit to disc will allow you to put more than one hour on a DVD in a normal DVD format. You also have the option to select the quality manually. The iso method is another way of doing it. Many people have found that using the iso method and then using it to fit the project on a disc results in a better quality than by the other methods. It certainly won't put 4 1/2 hours on one disc. Discs are now pretty inexpensive and unless you make a lot of them that it might be smarter to spread out those episodes (but that is another topic that is a personal preference.)

I understand that DVD shrink is a great product and works well for what you are doing. People all have their favorites and DVD shrink is used by many. Have you also thought about making a disc in DivX format ? You can play them on a lot of newer DVD players. Roxio can do that conversation.

As for your final question, IMHO, EMC 8 was designed to give the general public a enthusiast level program to put together video and slide shows of their own creation and audio tools to create mixes for their own use. It also contains other programs that support those tools. There are system back-up programs because that gives people the tools not to lose the hard work that went into creating their programs. Sometimes it seems it is a jack of all trades and master of none.

Perhaps if DVD shrink is all you need, you can gift your copy of the program to a friend or perhaps your church who could make better use of the other features.

Then what the heck does Fit to Disc do?? In freeware programs, it automatically adjusts the compression so the finished product will fit to disk (hence the name!) - I used DVDShrink to create a DVD that has all 3 episodes of The Triangle on it (4.5 hrs!!!) and it worked perfectly, plus the recompression engine in DVDShrink is exceptional!

Why is it that a commercial product can't offer similar (or much better, since you are PAYING for it) features?? Even Adobe Encore (another expensive commercial product) will not resize any video you import - it MUST be the exact same size as your output format is! (a warning to potential purchasers of Encore!)

What is plenty ? 10, 20, 30,..., plenty. Why could you not take the time to answer the question? :)

plenty of room on hard drive. i reinstalled emc 8 and now it won't accept the movies in my dvd. it shows the movie under menu but it won't show up in the preview screen and you can't edit it or create chapters or access it any way.

2.1gb or one hour in time. it will often work once but when i change the settings to fit 2 programs of 1 hour each it stops working for everything. the project size will be less than 3.8 gb and even if i start removing one program it keeps giving me the same error of not enough room

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? That message can refer to it rather than to the disc you are trying to burn. Free up some space and defrag the disc to see if that works. :)

while using any of the dvd burning software i get the same error when it goes to burn it says not enough room on destination disk. nothing else is running, no other burning software loaded. if i change the project settings to enable it to fit on a disc that seems to give the error. help.

I still believe ISo is your best option, beause your production exceeds the limits for a DVD

Archived