• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
malcinblue

mpeg and music

Question

I want to create a cd that auto plays in a cd player with audio tracks and with an mpeg movie which will auto play on a dvd player or computer. which is the best module to use for this on EMC9.

5 answers to this question

I want to create a cd that auto plays in a cd player with audio tracks and with an mpeg movie which will auto play on a dvd player or computer. which is the best module to use for this on EMC9.

I doubt that that can be done, but I would welcome being wrong, in this case.

I doubt that that can be done, but I would welcome being wrong, in this case.

One of the options under other tasks in Creator Classic is to make a CD extra disc. I have not tried it so like Bruce, I don't know if it works and auto plays in a standard audio player . There is a lot of information in the help files.

Remember this will be a CD so the video can't be very long or will have to be really compressed if you want to add much in the way of audio files.

Edited by sknis

If you try this it needs to be an enhanced cd not a mixed-mode cd.Mixed mode will not work in your car player per the help files.

I tried to make one to see what happens.When you make an enhanced cd it is a multi session disc that has the audio as the first session and the data (video) as the second.That's why your car player can play the disc because it will play the first session only.Vice versa that's why it won't play a mixed-mode disc.

When I put the disc in my DVD player it auto plays the audio track,not suprising.The same goes for my computer.To play the video I have to go to Explorer on my computer and actually click on the video track.It won't play in my DVD player,which isn't a suprise since an mpeg video isn't DVD compliant.

Either way you look at it I don't think the video will autoplay since it's in the second session and players are going to autoplay the first session.

Edited by tbrewst

If you try this it needs to be an enhanced cd not a mixed-mode cd.Mixed mode will not work in your car player per the help files.

I tried to make one to see what happens.When you make an enhanced cd it is a multi session disc that has the audio as the first session and the data (video) as the second.That's why your car player can play the disc because it will play the first session only.Vice versa that's why it won't play a mixed-mode disc.

When I put the disc in my DVD player it auto plays the audio track,not suprising.The same goes for my computer.To play the video I have to go to Explorer on my computer and actually click on the video track.It won't play in my DVD player,which isn't a suprise since an mpeg video isn't DVD compliant.

Either way you look at it I don't think the video will autoplay since it's in the second session and players are going to autoplay the first session.

Thanks I forgot to mention that.

I'd never made one so I thought I'd try.I started with the help files and they're pretty good on telling you how to make one.