roubee

video_ts.ifo file

Question

i have a dvd that was made from my video camera into a dvd. it is a video_ts.ifo file. Am i able to edit this anywhere with roxio 8 suite? if so, how is this done. I have downloaded the file onto my hardrive.

thanks

2 answers to this question

Yes, however you must import it first using Capture.

Once captured, use VideoWave to edit the clip and save.

Then you use MyDVD and add the VW file (.dmsm) as a Title. MyDVD is where you build the DVD menus and burn to disc.

i have a dvd that was made from my video camera into a dvd. it is a video_ts.ifo file. Am i able to edit this anywhere with roxio 8 suite? if so, how is this done. I have downloaded the file onto my hardrive.

thanks

First the VIDEO_TS.IFO file is a configuration file that defines the disc structure and also includes region coding information on a commercial disc. The vobs are the video you took and want.

I found a quicker way in version 8 you could try, some have said it won't work for them.

Take the vob files from your down loaded files into a folder somewhere on your hard drive. You want to rename the vob's to mpg.

When using windows xp, make sure the extensions of known files are shown. In the folder where the vob files are click tools, folder options, view (tab), uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Then right click rename the vob file, files, example ( VTS_01_1.VOB) 1.mpg,

(VTS_01_2.VOB) 2.mpg, (VTS_01_3.VOB) 3.mpg. The period dot inbetween the # and mpg is very important! See below......

After renaming the vob's to .mpg I was able to add the .mpg's in videowave from the Sony camera I played with, it used DVD - R disc's. Remember you have to close or finalize the disc in the camera

cd

vobtompg.png