No Audio From Mpeg Clip

teeceedobbins

Question

Hello all!

I've been searching previous posts and found a similar problem, but nothing that has helped, hope someone can...

Trying to make a dvd and I have several clips from my dv camcorder (captured on another computer, using a different program) in mpeg format. The clips play just fine in WMP, video and audio, but in EMC 7, I only get video, no audio. This is in videowave and dvd builder. The audio track on the timeline shows a flatline... nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks,

TC

6 answers to this question

Hi I am having the same problem not getting audio in DVD builder when I load clips captured from my computer . Did you ever figure this out. Any suggestions??

Try reading the previous answer, and giving the information requested. Also, if the source of the clips isn't EXACTLY the same as the original poster, give the source of the clips.

Lynn

Hi I am having the same problem not getting audio in DVD builder when I load clips captured from my computer . Did you ever figure this out. Any suggestions??

The original poster was on line the last time in March and chose (?) not to respond to the request for more information so we don't know if he fixed his problem or not. I hope you do come back and respond to Lynn's request.

First suggestion; do all editing in VideoWave and not MyDVD.

I have had problems with audio if the original capture was a *.mov file and have never been able to solve that problem. Try this; extract and save the audio from the file. Open Sound Editor and add that file. See if you can do anything with it in terms of volume. Export the file (wav) file and add it to the one of the audio tracks. See if it will play. If not, it may not have been properly captured. You might also trying to do that with a program called GoldWave. They have a liberal free trial period. The download has no mal-ware.

To extract audio (ignore all links and colors) This is copied from the help files.

You can extract the audio portion of a video clip and save it as a separate audio file.

To extract audio from a video clip:

1. <A href=""' target=_blank>
  2. In the Media Selector, browse to the Smart View, album, or folder containing the video clip.
  3. Right-click the video clip, and choose Extract Audio.[save As dialog box appears.
  4. Browse to the location where you want to save the audio file.<A href='http://"' target=_blank>
  5. In the File name box, enter a name for the file.
  6. Click Save. The audio file is saved in WAV format.

Guest mlpasley

What do you mean that you're "load clips captured from my computer"?

Did those clips come from a DV Camcorder captured using a USB port, come from files captured with another program, come from the internet?

We need more information please to begin to help.

Archived